6 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 10:55 AM by fac586 RSS

Sub Regions and Conditionals

NewApexCoder
      Greetings. Having an issue with conditionals and sub regions. Using apex 4.2

I have a region (Deployments) that has several items and a few buttons (Button A, Button B, etc). I need to conditionally show Button A. I have a sub region(People) that is a report of people deployed. I need a button to show in the Deployments region, that if there are no people in the report (i.e. People_ID is null) then the button won't show. I tried using a conditional, but am having no luck. Please help. Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Sub Regions and Conditionals
          Eve
          May you publish at apex.oracle.com the application, and let us know the authentication data, in order to understand you issue and help you.

Eve
          • 2. Re: Sub Regions and Conditionals
            fac586
            NewApexCoder wrote:
            Greetings. Having an issue with conditionals and sub regions. Using apex 4.2

I have a region (Deployments) that has several items and a few buttons (Button A, Button B, etc). I need to conditionally show Button A. I have a sub region(People) that is a report of people deployed. I need a button to show in the Deployments region, that if there are no people in the report (i.e. People_ID is null) then the button won't show. I tried using a conditional, but am having no luck. Please help. Thanks in advance.
            Our crystal balls are being repaired. What did you try?

When asking a question you need to provide sufficient information:

<li>How to ask questions
            <li>{message:id=9360002}
            • 3. Re: Sub Regions and Conditionals
              NewApexCoder
              I simply tried using a conditional on the button

Condition Type: Value of Item / Column in expression 1 is NULL
              Expression 1: PEOPLE_ID

This doesn't seem to work for me.
              • 4. Re: Sub Regions and Conditionals
                fac586
                NewApexCoder wrote:
                I simply tried using a conditional on the button

Condition Type: Value of Item / Column in expression 1 is NULL
                Expression 1: PEOPLE_ID

This doesn't seem to work for me.
                No, that doesn't work. (The inclusion of "column" in that type of condition is inadequately documented. A "column" name can only be referenced by such a condition following submission of a tabular form.)

Use an Exists (SQL query returns at least one row) condition, based on the query from the report subregion.
                • 5. Re: Sub Regions and Conditionals
                  NewApexCoder
                  oh ok, thanks a bunch, I actually used a NOT EXISTS query in my particular case to get the button to conditionally show up. It works perfectly. Thanks again.
                  • 6. Re: Sub Regions and Conditionals
                    fac586
                    NewApexCoder wrote:
                    oh ok, thanks a bunch, I actually used a NOT EXISTS query in my particular case to get the button to conditionally show up.
                    ???

That sounds like the other way round from the OP:
                    I need a button to show in the Deployments region, that if there are no people in the report (i.e. People_ID is null) then the button won't show.