5 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 4:49 PM by mhbbb RSS

Is automatic deployment possible in Jdeveloepr?

mhbbb
      Hi All

I am using Jdeveloper 11g R2 (11.1.2.3) & Weblogic 10.3.5.0

Is automatic deployment possible in Jdeveloepr?

In some Java IDEs like IBM RAD (based on Eclipse ) after make some change in java codes and save it IDE deploy project to websphere

Is there any setting in Jdeveloper to do something similar?

At the moment after any change in java classes I need to run my index page and Jdeveloper re deploy whole application and it takes about a minute

Is that a correct way?Any comment / suggestion?

Regards
      Mohsen
        • 1. Re: Is automatic deployment possible in Jdeveloepr?
          Timo Hahn
          If you deploy to an stand alone server there is no such option. The embedded wls allows hot deployment for some but not all changes. In cases where you can redeploy (hot) you only have to save the page (for jspx,jsf and jsff), or you have to recompile the classes or project. The embedded wls picks up the changes.

Timo

Edited by: Timo Hahn on 14.05.2013 08:49
          check out https://blogs.oracle.com/smuenchadf/entry/must_try_oracle_adf_features
          • 2. Re: Is automatic deployment possible in Jdeveloepr?
            mhbbb
            Hi Timo

Thanks for your reply , but how I am able to say jdeveloper to compile my classes?

Build them one by one?

In that IBM RAD there is an Automatic Build option in build menu , if you check that IDE compile your changes after save and deploy it to websphere

I can not find some thing similar in Jdev

Thanks
            mohsen
            • 3. Re: Is automatic deployment possible in Jdeveloepr?
              Timo Hahn
              You can use the build menu->make or ctrl-F9 ot the toolbar button for it

Timo
              • 4. Re: Is automatic deployment possible in Jdeveloepr?
                Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
                You'll want to actually use the rebuild option instead of just make - and then all the related class will get recompiled even in dependent projects.
                It's the button with two green arrows in your toolbar. (you'll probably want to also do a "save-all" before your rebuild.
                More here:
                http://www.jobinesh.com/2011/09/hot-deployment-what-works-what-doesnt.html
                • 5. Re: Is automatic deployment possible in Jdeveloepr?
                  mhbbb
                  Thanks Timo & Shay

I try to re build my changes sometimes it is working but sometimes I receive this exception . Is any thing wrong?
                  And I am sure this exception is not because of my app , if I re deploy it fully it is working fine

Error 500--Internal Server Error

java.lang.ClassCastException: oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RichWindowManagerFactory$WindowIdProviderAdapter cannot be cast to org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.event.WindowLifecycleListener
                       at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RichWindowManagerFactory$ApplicationWindowListeners.processWindowLifecylce(RichWindowManagerFactory.java:244)
                       at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RichWindowManager._fireWindowLifecycleEvent(RichWindowManager.java:531)
                       at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RichWindowManager._handleWindowOpened(RichWindowManager.java:574)
                       at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RichWindowManager.renderLoopbackPage(RichWindowManager.java:1062)
                       at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RegistrationFilter.doFilter(RegistrationFilter.java:113)
                       at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:468)
                       at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.activedata.AdsFilter.doFilter(AdsFilter.java:60)
                       at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:468)
                       at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:293)
                       at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:199)
                       at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
                       at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                       at oracle.adf.library.webapp.LibraryFilter.doFilter(LibraryFilter.java:180)
                       at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter$1.run(JpsAbsFilter.java:119)
                       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                       at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsSubject.doAsPrivileged(JpsSubject.java:315)
                       at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:442)
                       at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.runJaasMode(JpsAbsFilter.java:103)
                       at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.doFilter(JpsAbsFilter.java:171)
                       at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsFilter.doFilter(JpsFilter.java:71)
                       at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:139)
                       at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
                       at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
                       at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
                       at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                       at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
                       at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
                       at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
                       at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
                       at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
                       at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

Edited by: mhbbb on 14/05/2013 14:49