5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 1:41 PM by Akanksha Sheoran Kaler-Oracle RSS

Installing shared agent on NFS

LeightonLNelson
      I'm trying to deploy EM 12.1.0.2 agents on a 2-node RAC cluster with shared directories on NFS. After I installed the first agent I use the instructions in the documentation http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/install_agent_usng_shrd_hm.htm to install the shared agent.
      Deployment Type ->Add Host to Shared Agent
      Target -> node1
      OH -> Same as target on node1 (/u02/oracle/agent12c)
      Instance -> /u02/oracle/agent12c/node2/agent_inst
      However, it fails at the Prerequisite steps because it detects an existing agent on the host. Here's a snippet of the logs which gives the failed pre-reqs:

2013-05-13_11-43-34:INFO:DESCRIPTION:This is a prerequisite condition to ensure that there is no agent home exist on the host. RESULT: WARNING RESULT TEXT: Expected result: EM Agent should not exist in host.
      Actual Result: An agent home already exists
      Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<
      2013-05-13_11-43-34:INFO:DESCRIPTION:This is a prerequisite to check if Agent Oracle Home or Install Base Directory, is already registered with inventory RESULT: FAILED RESULT TEXT: Expected result: New Agent Oracle Home should not be registered with inventory
      Actual Result: Agent Oracle Home with same value /u02/oracle/agent12c/core/12.1.0.2.0 exists
      Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
      Leighton