Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have created a TEXT AREA.

Apart from default settings, below are the changes I have done,

1) Setting --> Character Count - 'Yes'

2) Element --> Form Element Width - 50

3) Element --> Maximum Width - 10

4) Element --> Form Element Height - 5

By default, the font color in TEXT AREA is black.

After I start entering value in TEXT AREA, when character length reaches 10, the text inside TEXT AREA changes to red color.

Kindly help me on this on how to avoid this and maintain the font as BLACK color itself.

Thanks & Regards,
Shiva
  • 1. Re: Text Area Item Font Issue
    vdsadhi Journeyer
    Hi Shiva,

Font color changed because Element->Maximum Width: 10. (i.e) you can enter the maximum 10 characters only. Please Change the Maximum Width as 50. So that you can enter maximum 50 characters. Change the maximum width based on the database column length if the text Area in a form based on the database column.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi
  • 2. Re: Text Area Item Font Issue
    shiva_0004 Newbie
    Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for your reply.

The customer requirement is like user should not be able to enter more than 10 characters and upon reaching the limit, that character font changing to RED should be avoided and only default BLACK color font should be maintained.

Regards,
    Shiva
  • 3. Re: Text Area Item Font Issue
    fac586 Guru
    >

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "961805".
    I have created a TEXT AREA.

Apart from default settings, below are the changes I have done,

1) Setting --> Character Count - 'Yes'

2) Element --> Form Element Width - 50

3) Element --> Maximum Width - 10

4) Element --> Form Element Height - 5
    What is the nature of the data?

Why use a 50×5 textarea to enter a maximum of 10 characters? Sounds like a text item would be more appropriate.
  • 4. Re: Text Area Item Font Issue
    shiva_0004 Newbie
    Hi,

I will change the handle name.

Actual maximum width would be around 50 character and I have given 10 as width for testing purpose.

Regards,
    Shiva
  • 5. Re: Text Area Item Font Issue
    fac586 Guru
    shiva_0004 wrote:

Actual maximum width would be around 50 character and I have given 10 as width for testing purpose.
    50 characters is not an excessive size for a text item. Why is it necessary to use a textarea?

If you are determined to use a textarea, the simplest option is to set the Character Counter option to No. User input will still be limited to the maximum width specified, but this will not be indicated by switching to red text.
  • 6. Re: Text Area Item Font Issue
    shiva_0004 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The Client's requirement is like he wanted the count to be displayed, and text color should not change on reaching the limit.

We have discussed all the work around for the same, but the requirement is like he wanted the Character count to be displayed, limit should be maintained, but the text font color should not change upon reaching the limit.

Kindly help me on this.

Regards,
    Shiva
  • 7. Re: Text Area Item Font Issue
    vdsadhi Journeyer
    If this is the case, you can try to use JQuery plug-in for character counter instead of using APEX in-built plug-in. Find out the good character count plug-in. Try this link for that http://www.jquery4u.com/plugins/10-jquery-wordtext-counter-plugins/

Thanks,
    Lakshmi

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points