4 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 11:08 AM by 875076 RSS

hide the data in chart level

Hi All,

I have hidden the column in criteria in column format but still the values are displayed in charts. I am using this column for sorting only and do not want to display values . I have clicked the hide option in the criteria--column properties but the values are displayed in chart. In chart there is no option to hide this value. I am using case statement in column formula.

Is there an alternative way to implement the sorting based on this column in chart?

Thanks,

Sushil

Edited by: 872073 on May 14, 2013 8:39 AM
        • 1. Re: hide the column in charts
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          Do not select that column for any of the axis.
          If not try to use Pivot table chart

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on May 14, 2013 10:38 AM
          • 2. Re: hide the column in charts
            I have created this rank column and give hard coded value so that the display are sorted out according to the rank. The requirement is a bar chart sorted according to the rank. I do not want to display the rank numbers in the chart. If i exclude this field, the bars are not sorted out.If i include this field, the bars are sorted out , but additional values like 1,2,3,4,5 are displayed in the chart though in the criteria table--column format I have check hide as column properties not to show the values. It works perfectly in table, pivot table but not in charts. I am using 11.1.1.6.4 version.

Sushil

Edited by: 872073 on May 14, 2013 8:54 AM
            • 3. Re: hide the column in charts
              Srini VEERAVALLI
              The below is the Oracle note from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/bi.1111/e16452/apndx_ui_chngs.htm

Measure-based sorts are not implemented completely for pivot tables and graphs in 11g. Graphs do not provide user-interface elements to emulate measure-based sorts. This is a restriction in 11g, and you can use workarounds to resolve sorting issues.

Try out Charts using Pivot table
              • 4. Re: hide the column in charts
                Thanks a lot Srini!!

I could see two values in the view.One is graph and other one is pivot table.The graph is being sorted now.

Sushil

Edited by: 872073 on May 14, 2013 9:07 AM