5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 10:06 AM by 986633 RSS

which patch number to patch OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5

asmirnov
      Hi,
      i am looking for the patch number to load to go from OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5 on Win7 64-bit?
      Per documentation
      http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/install.1111/e12002/instps2.htm#BGBGAEDF
      it mentions the file named
      Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.5.0) Patch Set Installer (ofm_idm_win_11.1.1.5.0_32_disk1_1of1.zip (for Windows)

On Oracle support I found the following patches when searching for Identity Management Suite patch:

though the file name for above is for example p16209876_111150_Generic.zip which doesn't look like ofm_idm_win_11.1.1.5.0_32_disk1_1of1.zip.
      Though I am not sure that I should use ofm_idm_win_11.1.1.5.0_32_disk1_1of1.zip since it indictaes the 32-bit, I need the 64-bit version.

Can someone please clarify where I can find the patch/what is the patch number?

Thank you,

Anatoliy
        • 1. Re: which patch number to patch OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5
          Scott_Symonds
          Hi Anatoliy,

Actually, if you are looking to upgrade your OID installation from 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5 in Windows 7 64-bit, the patch number you want is 12395123. The patch itself is called "Oracle Identity Management 11g Patch Set 4 (11.1.1.5.0) (Patchset)".

In Oracle support, search for patch number 12395123 and Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) and you will find the patch you need. I have used this patch a few times before to upgrade OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5.

Thanks,
          Scott (PITSS)
          • 2. Re: which patch number to patch OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5
            asmirnov
            Thanks much, Scott, this helped a lot!

If you still reading this - do you have any 'plain English' step-by-step very basic config 1-2 pages for OID?
            The level of my question is - should I install LDAP first and then OID or vice versa?
            I recall I tried to configure OID (run config.bat from (OID_HOME)) a couple of days ago, but this was with a diff file, I tried ofm_idm_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk1_1of1.zip, without installing 11.1.1.2 first) and it asked me about LDAP server name/port, at which point I got an idea that I need to configure LDAP first, so I am wondering if I should first configre ldap and THEN confgire OID?

Thank you
            Anatoliy
            • 3. Re: which patch number to patch OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5
              Scott_Symonds
              Hi Anatoliy,

I'm glad to hear that the patch worked for you. OID basically is an LDAP server. It is always best to install OID 11.1.1.2 first, then patch to OID 11.1.1.5. After that is done, you can then run config.bat. This will allow you to configure a WebLogic domain for OID and create an OID instance used for LDAP. Oracle's documentation provides a good guide to configure OID. The following link takes you directly to the steps involved: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/install.1111/e10033/configone.htm#CACGBDED

To make the process easier, I'll provide a few notes for you as well:
              1. IMPORTANT: Before running config.bat, go to your %OID_ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin directory and locate sqlnet.ora. Make a backup of the file and add the following at the end of the file (open up the file in a text editor):
              DIAG_ADR_ENABLED = OFF
              This is extremely important when configuring OID in Windows 64-bit environments. This is not documented in any install documentation, and without doing this step, the OID configuration will always fail at the Creating ASInstance step.
              2. On the Configure Components screen, unless you are wanting to configure DIP, the only options you need to select (if you only want OID) are "Oracle Internet Directory" and "Oracle HTTP Server".
              3. In the Specify Schema Database, if you created an OID schema using RCU in the Oracle Database already, use the connect string server.domain:port:SID. If not, you'll need to create the OID schema here. The link above provides some easy steps to do this.
              4. In the Create Oracle Internet Directory window, if the realm happens to be blank, all you need to put in is the dc=domain,dc=com. For example, if your domain is "example.oracle.com", the realm would be "dc=oracle,dc=com".

In summary, this is the install/config order:
              1. Install Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.5
              2. Install OID 11.1.1.2
              3. Install OID 11.1.1.5 Patchset
              4. Configure OID 11.1.1.5 using config.bat (make sure you do the sqlnet.ora workaround in note #1 above first)

Other than that, configuring OID is pretty easy. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
              Scott (PITSS)
              • 4. Re: which patch number to patch OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5
                asmirnov
                Thanks so much, Scott, very helpfull, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Well, I did follow, having some fun of course, at Configuration process execution it fails
                at Extend JRF step with the error below.
                What draw my attention in the error log below is this line:

at string$py.f$0(C:\wlst\jython_2.2.1\Lib\string.py:434)

because I don't have C:\wlst.
                At first I thought some WLS end is not set but then I noticed the script correctly references my WLS_HOME as C:\Oracle\fmw\wls1035, so this should not be the case.

Well, looks like I am into some fun, if you have an idea please let me know.

Best Regards,

Anatoliy

oracle.as.provisioning.util.ConfigException:
                Error Extending Targets With JRF Template.
                Cause:
                WLST Error.
                Problem invoking WLST - Traceback (innermost last):

File "C:\Users\asmirnov\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp1368664618060.py", line 4, in ?

File "C:\Oracle\fmw\wls1035\common\wlst\modules\jython-modules.jar\Lib/javaos$py.class", line 258, in __setitem__

File "C:\Oracle\fmw\wls1035\common\wlst\modules\jython-modules.jar\Lib/javaos$py.class", line 241, in LazyDict_populate

File "C:\Oracle\fmw\wls1035\common\wlst\modules\jython-modules.jar\Lib/javaos$py.class", line 314, in _getEnvironment

File "C:\Oracle\fmw\wls1035\common\wlst\modules\jython-modules.jar\Lib/javashell.py", line 17, in ?

File "C:\Oracle\fmw\wls1035\common\wlst\modules\jython-modules.jar\Lib/string$py.class", line 434, in ?
                     at java.io.
                File.<init>(File.java:222)

at java.lang.Package$1.run(Package.java:527)

at java.lang.Package.defineSystemPackage(Package.java:520)

at java.lang.Package.getSystemPackages(Package.java:511)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.getPackages(ClassLoader.java:1513)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.getPackages(ClassLoader.java:1511)

at java.lang.Package.getPackages(Package.java:281)

at org.python.core.JavaImportHelper.buildLoadedPackages(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.JavaImportHelper.tryAddPackage(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.imp.import_next(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.imp.import_name(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.imp.importName(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.ImportFunction.load(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.ImportFunction.__call__(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.__builtin__.__import__(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.imp.importFromAs(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.imp.importFrom(Unknown Source)

at string$py.f$0(C:\wlst\jython_2.2.1\Lib\string.py:434)

at string$py.call_function(C:\wlst\jython_2.2.1\Lib\string.py)

at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.PyCode.call(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.imp.createFromCode(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.imp.createFromPyClass(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.ZipFileImporter$ZipFileLoader.load_module(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Action:
                See logs for more details.

at oracle.as.provisioning.util.ConfigException.createConfigException(ConfigException.java:123)
                     at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain._extendDomainWithJRFTemplate(ASDomain.java:3964)
                     at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain.extendDomainWithJRFTemplate(ASDomain.java:3806)
                     at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor._extendDomainWithJRF(WorkFlowExecutor.java:1411)
                     at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor.executeWLSWorkFlow(WorkFlowExecutor.java:435)
                     at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.Config.executeConfigWorkflow_WLS(Config.java:866)
                     at oracle.as.idm.install.config.BootstrapConfigManager.doExecute(BootstrapConfigManager.java:1176)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.client.ConfigAction.execute(ConfigAction.java:335)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.run(TaskPerformer.java:87)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.startConfigAction(TaskPerformer.java:104)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.ActionRequest.perform(ActionRequest.java:15)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.RequestQueue.perform(RequestQueue.java:63)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager.start(StandardConfigActionManager.java:158)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.boot.ConfigurationExtension.kickstart(ConfigurationExtension.java:81)
                     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.ConfigurationModule.run(ConfigurationModule.java:83)
                     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
                progress in calculate progress21
                • 5. Re: which patch number to patch OID 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.5

If anyone is reading this thread, here is how I solved it

Open the following jar-fil in your installation

..\wlserver_10.3\common\wlst\modules\jython-modules.jar

Edit the string.py file inside jyton-modules.jar. Comment out the last 5 lines. It's only tries to use som optional built-in module

End of string.py file

# Try importing optional built-in module "strop" -- if it exists,

# it redefines some string operations that are 100-1000 times faster.

# It also defines values for whitespace, lowercase and uppercase

# that match <ctype.h>'s definitions.

# try:

#  from strop import maketrans, lowercase, uppercase, whitespace

#  letters = lowercase + uppercase

# except ImportError:

pass                                                                  

Save the jython-modules.jar file.

Start the configuration again!

Regards,

Knut