3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 1:41 AM by 1008702 RSS

MSSQLServer2000 to ORACLE 10g

hello,

My sqlserver version is "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2039 (Intel X86)".

My sqlDeveloper version is "sqldeveloper-3.2.20.09.87",it includes jdk.

My ORACLE version is "Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 ".

After i unzip the sqlDeveloper,installed jdbc driver for sqlserver.then i can connect with oracle and sqlserver.

I created a migration project and created a Migration Repository.

When i begin to migrate the database from sqlserver to the Migration Repository in oracle .

In step 4, i selected the connection for sqlserver which i want to migrate it to oracle.

After step 4 ,in step 5 ,when i want capture the database to migrate.

The problem occured, in the left selectedbox there is no database for choosing,it is empty.

I don't know how to solve it.

Thanks everyone
        • 1. Re: MSSQLServer2000 to ORACLE 10g
          i have migrated success once,from sqlserver to oracle(the same version sqlserver and oracle).

At that time , when i created a new connection for sqlserver ,in the sqlDeveloper sqlserver tab ,

there is a retrieve database button,but this time there is no this button.

i don't know if this is the reason, and how to solve this .
          • 2. Re: MSSQLServer2000 to ORACLE 10g
            Kgronau-Oracle
            What's your JDBC version and what's your SQL Dev version?
            • 3. Re: MSSQLServer2000 to ORACLE 10g
              My jdbc version is Driver JDBC for MS SQL Server "jtds-1.2.jar";

My SQL Dev version is "sqldeveloper-3.2.20.09.87".

I have solved this problem, i copied the jtds-1.2.jar into the folder named "jlib".

And its path is "F:\ProgramFiles\sqldeveloper-3.2.20.09.87\sqldeveloper\jlib".

Perhaps the jtds-1.2.jar could not in other places.

Then i can find the button retrieve database,and i also can capture the source database in the step 5.

Thanks all the same .