3 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 1:17 AM by yoonas RSS

connect to java

hi i am trying to connect iSQL*Plus to my java system(creates in eclipse) to read/write data to and from one of my tables within the database.

is this possible?

i know about jdbc or ojdbc for oracle but i dont know how to connect my iSQL*Plus account and the certain table from the entire database.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED.
        • 1. Re: connect to java
          riedelme
          997557 wrote:
          hi i am trying to connect iSQL*Plus to my java system(creates in eclipse) to read/write data to and from one of my tables within the database.

is this possible?

i know about jdbc or ojdbc for oracle but i dont know how to connect my iSQL*Plus account and the certain table from the entire database.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED.
          Are you really using iSQL*PLUS? It isn't supported and never was very popular despite the name of this forum.

Are you trying to connect to java on your computer or from inside the database?
          • 2. Re: connect to java
            i am using isql*plus, its the only account i have through my university as it was the easiest way to connect from home and finish sql module work.

anyways, i am using oracles jdbc driver in java to try connect to my account and assess a table within it, the problem being i cant get it to work.
            • 3. Re: connect to java
              yoonas
              Hi,

>
              anyways, i am using oracles jdbc driver in java to try connect to my account and assess a table within it, the problem being i cant get it to work.
              >

Its too generic to start trouble shooting ;)

Any error message ?

Regards
              Yoonas