This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 6:06 AM by Michael Ferrante (Oracle) RSS

Oracle Forms Visibility

Kishore 7284612 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Friends,

My product build with Oracle 10G Developer Suite and facing problem of Visibility(look and feel) with Oracle Forms Screen compare to Java Screens. Please suggest me how to improve Oracle Forms Screen visibility?

Is there any plugin's available with 11g/OAF or ODF Integration.

Regards,
Kishore
  • 1. Re: Oracle Forms Visibility
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Your comment is unclear. What exactly are you asking for? Forms provides numerous ways in which the look-and-feel can be customized. If you don't like what is offered by Oracle Forms you could extend it using a third party option such as this one:

http://fdtool.free.fr/LAF/doc/Oracle_Forms_Look_and_Feel_project.htm
  • 2. Re: Oracle Forms Visibility
    Kishore 7284612 Newbie
    Hi Michael Ferrante,

Thanks for your support. I think it will help for me.

--kishore                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 3. Re: Oracle Forms Visibility
    Kishore 7284612 Newbie
    Hi Michael Ferrante,

I found one tool powered by Oracle Corp as JavaFX. I am having Apprx 2000 Oracle Forms (.fmb) files . Please suggest me which better tool for existing Oracle Forms file.

Regards,
    Kishore
  • 4. Re: Oracle Forms Visibility
    Please try to explain exactly what you want to do. What do you mean by " +...suggest me which better tool...+ "? A better tool to do what? JavaFX has nothing to do with Oracle Forms
  • 5. Re: Oracle Forms Visibility
    Kishore 7284612 Newbie
    Hi Michael Ferrante,

I am working on Oracle (Oracle Forms/Reports 10G and Oracle10G) Product, it contains 2500 Oracle Forms Screens.
    I feel my screens are not effective interns for Look and Feel, so trying to improve Look and Feel.

Found flowing two ways to improve Look and Feel by adding external CSS File.

1) http://fdtool.free.fr/LAF/doc/implementation.htm - provided by you.
    2) http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/get_started/css.htm - provided by Google search.

My Question:- Please suggest me, Which is the best tool to improve My Existing Oracle Forms screens Look and Feel.

--Kishore                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 6. Re: Oracle Forms Visibility
    FrançoisDegrelle Oracle ACE
    JavaFX has nothing to do with Oracle Forms, so that is has no interest for your problem.

Francois
  • 7. Re: Oracle Forms Visibility
    There are various ways to change the look of an application. Which option you choose will depend on how creative you want to be and your skill-set. As I mentioned Forms offers numerous ways in which you can enhance the look of an application. For example, you can change some of the appearance at runtime assuming you have not hard coded colors in your application. You can use the "colorScheme" applet parameter. For example, for testing purposes, add &colorScheme=<VALUE> to the end of the URL when you run your form. Valid values for colorScheme are:
    <blockquote><li>Teal
    <li>Titanium
    <li>Red
    <li>Khaki
    <li>Blue
    <li>Olive
    <li>Purple
    <li>BLAF
    <li>SWAN</blockquote>
    So, an example might be: http://myServer:8888/forms/frmservlet?form=myForm&colorScheme=SWAN

The colorScheme parameter can be set in formsweb.cfg so it doesn't need to appear on the URL. Also, you can customize the background image in the applet container, the logo on the upper right (default is Oracle), and splashscreen. In the form, you can add background images to the canvas, hardcode colors, add images to buttons and image items.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E38115_01/doc.111210/e24477/configure.htm#i1077074

For more complex enhancements, you can use Francois's Look-And-Feel project or create your own java beans/pjc to enhance existing Forms objects. The Forms Rollover bean example, is one of an endless number of changes you could add.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points