4 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 9:24 AM by Irha10 RSS

When button press it should validate item and open another popup window

Irha10
      apex 4.2.1

I am having difficulties on it please help.

I have a report and link and it open a page (popup window ) and it has items say, :p2_item_no and :p2_Final_Date (Date) and button submit and cancel.

this page has process that is fetced the data for some hidden items. for example. :p2_Last_date (hidden).

all above work ok but when hit the submit button then :p2_final_date item should be validated with :p2_last_date item
      so if :p2_final_date < :p2_last_date then error else accept the date value and same time go to the page 3 (another popup window).

so from same submit button it must control both action. first validate and if success then open another page (popup window).

thanks for help!
      RI.
        • 1. Re: When button press it should validate item and open another popup window
          KeithMalay
          You can create an item level validation of type PL/SQL Expression on the popup page opened from the report.

The item you would create the validation on would be P2_FINAL_DATE and the pl/sql expression you would use would be:
          :p2_final_date >= :p2_last_date;
          --Keith                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
          • 2. Re: When button press it should validate item and open another popup window
            Irha10
            I did this way but it does not work. as i mentioned from same SUBMIT button both process should work. so when hit the button then it check date and then open another page (popup). So I created button called SUBMIT -> action: defined by dynamic action . then created a DA .

Event: Click
            S type: Button
            Acttion: seq 10: execute plsql code: code: update table
            seq 20: skillbuilders modal page -> it will open another window.

so it work without validation. Howerver, if I defne button (SUBMIT) -> Action: SUBMIT then it validate but not open popup window.

Any clue that how to control both action (valdiate and open a popup window) from same button.

thanks
            • 3. Re: When button press it should validate item and open another popup window
              Irha10
              I have managed in this way. created another button and then Dynamic action so first time only first button say (Apply Changes) will be enable for update and validate and if successful then it is disbaled and other button say (Enter Other Info) will be enabled.

so if you guys know better way then please let me know.
              thanks.
              RI