This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 6:40 AM by Avi Miller RSS

user management in vm manager 3.2.2

1007902 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am having some issues finding documentation on user management in oracle vm manager 3.2.2 I have installed it and logged into the web ui and see nothing for user management

install in on a vm on citrix xenserver on rhel5, install went flawlessly ( after adjusting some partition sizes w lvm )

A couple threads I saw from a wile back for 3.x stated that user management would be comming soon but am I looking at the right place or do I need install additonal packages?

I have added an oracle vm (xen) server 3.2.2 on dedicated hardware fresh install with no modifications

I would like to bring up a vm ( but not do the insall) then allow someone access to the vm to do its install

is this possible?

Thanks in Advance
  • 1. Re: user management in vm manager 3.2.2
    1007902 Newbie
    ok so from the cli I can do this on the vm manager, but seems its for admin users only unless there are some flags I am un-aware of which is ok.

But If I create regular users on the xen host (oracle vm) will the vm manager freak our on them ? it does not appear that local management of the hypervisor is done via the vm manager
  • 2. Re: user management in vm manager 3.2.2
    budachst Pro
    I have been missing that since 3.x, but it was possible under 2.2.x at least. Actually, I don't think that it's possible to have user and groups at all, not to talk about the ability to have grant them different levels of access to OVMM.

I also don't think, that OVMM cares about OS-level users at all, since the users/groups would have to be present in the WebLogic infrastructure.
  • 3. Re: user management in vm manager 3.2.2
    Avi Miller Guru
    1004899 wrote:
    I am having some issues finding documentation on user management in oracle vm manager 3.2.2 I have installed it and logged into the web ui and see nothing for user management
    There is no user management in Oracle VM Manager. If you want role-based access control for VMs, you need to use Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control and assign users via Cloud Management.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points