This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2013 10:10 AM by switbeck RSS

Adding columns to forms

switbeck Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
So I have added a column to my table in the object browser, now I want my report and form to have that column on them. How can I do this?

Thanks,
Steve
  • 1. Re: Adding columns to forms
    RichS Newbie
    Edit the form page and the report page (or regions if they are on the same page) and add the column that you added to the table. You'll find the link to the region source for the report and/or the form in the Page Rendering section of your page.

For the report, it should be straight forward as you'll see a query that you can edit.

For the form, you'll add an item to the page to show your new field. Find a field that's similar and create a new item that references your new column.

Hope that helps...

Rich
  • 2. Re: Adding columns to forms
    switbeck Newbie
    Thanks Rich, I figured out on the report but was still lost on the form. Thanks!
  • 3. Re: Adding columns to forms
    switbeck Newbie
    Hmm, I figured out how to add the item to the form and when I run the form to add the row it adds the row but the field that I added does not get added to the report.
  • 4. Re: Adding columns to forms
    fac586 Guru
    switbeck wrote:
    Hmm, I figured out how to add the item to the form and when I run the form to add the row it adds the row but the field that I added does not get added to the report.
    Set the item properties Source Type to Database Column and Source value or expression to the name of the column (note that contrary to normal Oracle practice the column name is case sensitive).
  • 5. Re: Adding columns to forms
    switbeck Newbie
    Now I get this error:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 205: PL/SQL: ORA-00904: "INITIATE.Requester": invalid identifier ORA-06550: line 1, column 13: PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

INITIATE.Requester is the table and column.

Edited by: switbeck on May 16, 2013 9:37 AM
  • 6. Re: Adding columns to forms
    InoL Guru
    As pointed out by Paul:
    the column name is case sensitive
    You can see this in the Help of Source Type:
    Database Column - Set the value to the column value named in the Source value or expression field when this column is referenced in built-in row fetch or DML process type. The database column name in that field is case sensitive.

You probably need to put REQUESTER in the source.
  • 7. Re: Adding columns to forms
    fac586 Guru
    switbeck wrote:
    Now I get this error:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 205: PL/SQL: ORA-00904: "INITIATE.Requester": invalid identifier ORA-06550: line 1, column 13: PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

INITIATE.Requester is the table and column.
    Do not include the table name. Unless the column was created using the quoted identifier <tt>"Requester"</tt>, set Source value or expression to <tt>REQUESTER</tt>.
  • 8. Re: Adding columns to forms
    switbeck Newbie
    Now when I add a row with the form, I select a value, and submit and it says "Requester must have some value" and the text is greyed out.

Edit: I made it so a value wasn't required but Requester still does not populate on the report after I submit the form.

Edited by: switbeck on May 16, 2013 11:58 AM
  • 9. Re: Adding columns to forms
    InoL Guru
    Requester still does not populate on the report after I submit the form
    You now added the column to the form. Did you also add it to the report?

If you did already, can you explain what you mean exactly?
  • 10. Re: Adding columns to forms
    switbeck Newbie
    I figured it out, not sure what it was but I rebuilt the table and it worked, I think I messed up some sequences/triggers when I was working on another function.

I'm wondering if there's a way on a form to enter a foreign key and have the rest of the items on the page pull a LOV from a SQL query based on that foreign key but have everything in that form populate on one table/report. But I would want to retain the function to enter in custom values if nothing came up in the query.

Edited by: switbeck on May 17, 2013 10:10 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points