This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 16, 2013 10:44 PM by vasileios RSS

iOS Oracle BI app

1000285 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I've been asked to build for the Oracle BI app offered free through Apple. I am currently using 11g XP and SQL Developer. What is the best middle wear to use, JDeveloper? Is there some other software I should use?

Thanks,

J
  • 1. Re: iOS Oracle BI app
    vasileios Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    I presume that BI stands for business intelligence. Then i guess you are posting the question in the wrong forum. this is for the mobile server, oracle lite product which is a middleware that customers can use to pass information from a centralized database to remote clients which will hold their own databases.

olite handles the synchronization issues between the databases. for instance you might have a database which holds a table called orders for bill, mike and george.

each of these 3 has a handheld device (e.g. a smartphone) and needs his own orders. so olite separates the orders for each one and sends his on his smartphone.
    so bill will only have his own orders in his smartphone. later when they finish the orders the results are sent back to the centralized database. this is just an example to let you know what this product is about.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points