This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2013 3:46 PM by ragavhere RSS

Data form folder disappearing

ragavhere Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have an EPMA planning application. The data form folders keeps disappearing very frequently. When we try to create or delete a folder, all the disappeared folders reappear. This has been the behaviour since we upgraded to 11.1.2.2 from 11.1.2.0. Has anyone experienced and overcome this issue?

Regards,
Ragav.
  • 1. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    Sh!va Pro
    I hope it will appear as soon as you re-cycle Planning services.

Check if data folder name contains any special characters. if yes remove them from name and check.

Cheers!

Sh!va
  • 2. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    ragavhere Newbie
    There are no special characters. We cannot restart planning services very often. It is a production environment. The folders reappear if we try to create a new folder. The folders that disappear are not consistent. They keep changing.

Regards,
    Ragav.
  • 3. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    Sh!va Pro
    Can you give me the folder name here which disappears again and again....
  • 4. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    ragavhere Newbie
    Workforce Planning, Capital Expenditures, Finance forms are few of them.
  • 5. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    Sh!va Pro
    Is it happening for all planning application ??

You can try to rename them with some name(w/o special characters) and observe for some time.

else try to turn of ADF for that planning application bye adding property to application.
  • 6. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    Sh!va Pro
    Also Can you please tell me if any Planning patch has been applied post upgrade ??

So that we can check the bug list in those patches. Anyways 300 patch is good and stable, Anyhow 304 will be latest and may lease in this month.

Cheers!

Sh!va
  • 7. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    ragavhere Newbie
    We have two planning applications. The other application is small and we dont have any folders. All data forms are inside "Form" folder. Right now I am trying to create a copy of the app and check the behaviour.

We dont want to disable ADF..

We have .300 patch installed for Planning and for most of the components.
  • 8. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    Journeyer Journeyer
    Hi,

I have this same issue with planning application. This issue arises after we applied security. Previously we were not had any clue what was happenning
    but later we figured out that when a user logs in who has restrictive access to some of the folder, al other folders other than that gets
    disappeared after we logon with admin credentials. It was not allowing us to create the name same as the existing folder.
    It was some issue with security and was getting applied for admin user also limited to folders only. We have also raised an SR for that
    but didn't got any thing from them. Try to check if some patches needs to be applied on the environment, beacuse for us it was automatically
    gets resolved after the patch installation.

You need to check what patch you didn't installed and install it.

Regards,
    Sourabh
  • 9. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    ragavhere Newbie
    Thanks Sourabh.

We have installed .300 patch. We have the same set up in our Dev environment and dont have this issue there. What was the patch that you installed?

Regards,
    Ragav.
  • 10. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    HuyVan Newbie
    I have the same issue with 11.1.2.2. You can make the folder reappear by clicking rename the parent folder and OK.

I think it's a bug. After I update to 11.1.2.3, this issue have already been gone.
  • 11. Re: Data form folder disappearing
    ragavhere Newbie
    Thanks.

It is clearly a bug. I tried to replicate the issue in dev environment by logging in as a user who has access permissions set on a folder. Logged off and logged in as a different user. Saw the folders disappeared. They reappear if I try to create a new folder.

I also have an SR open with Oracle and they are not coming up with anything. We recently upgraded to 11.1.2.2 and again upgrading to 11.1.2.3 is a pain.

Regards,
    Ragav.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points