7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2013 6:49 AM by AndyT_PA RSS

Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3

Nicola-Oracle
      Hi all I'm trying to finalaze my new virtual machine. According to the document: Oracle Fusion Middleware System Administrator's Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, I'm trying to configure EPM 11.1.2.3 to integrate OBIEE and configure SSO.
      I'm followed chapter 11.5 but I have an error during execution of HSSRegistration.bat... thanks in advance for any help

Nic

C:\Oracle\Middleware_bi\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\web\bin\hyperionregistry>HSSRegistration.bat register
      Warning: C:\Oracle\Middleware_bi\instances\instance1\config\foundation\11.1.2.0\reg.properties file already exist, running this utility will overwrite existing reg.properties
      HIT registration begin...
      Please Enter HIT Registry Database Credentials
      [Username:]hss
      [Password:]
      Creating BIEE_PRODUCT
      Creating BIEE LOGICAL_WEB_APP
      Creating BIEE_WEBAPP
      Creating APP_SERVER component.
      Creating PUBLISHER LOGICAL_WEB_APP
      Creating PUBLISHER WEBAPP
      HIT registration completed.
      HSS registration begin...
      Please Enter Sharedservice Admin Credentials
      [Username:]admin
      [Password:]
      !Starting Registering Product:BIEE-11.1.2.0, Filename:biee-11.1.2.0.Product, Path:config/biee-11.1.2.0.Product
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ESSBASE_STUDIO_PRODUCT
      at com.hyperion.interop.lib.helper.RegistryHelper.<init>(RegistryHelper.java:62)
      at com.hyperion.interop.lib.helper.RegistryHelper.getInstance(RegistryHelper.java:94)
      at com.hyperion.interop.lib.helper.CMSClientHelper.<init>(CMSClientHelper.java:58)
      at com.hyperion.interop.lib.helper.RegistrationHelper.<init>(RegistrationHelper.java:46)
      at com.hyperion.interop.lib.helper.CMSHelperLocator.getRegistrationHelper(CMSHelperLocator.java:43)
      at com.hyperion.interop.lib.CMSClient.register(CMSClient.java:659)
      at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.HyperionSharedService.doRegisterProduct(HyperionSharedService.java:339)
      at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.HyperionSharedService.register(HyperionSharedService.java:93)
      at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.BIEERegisterer.execute(BIEERegisterer.java:60)
      at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.BIEERegisterer.main(BIEERegisterer.java:138)
      C:\Oracle\Middleware_bi\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\web\bin\hyperionregistry>

Edited by: Nicola_ on May 17, 2013 6:24 AM
        • 1. Re: Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3
          JohnGoodwin
          I take it your EPM 11.1.2.3 deployment does not have Essbase Studio configured? For some reason it looks like it checking for it and it doesn't so it is failing.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3
            Nicola-Oracle
            Well, Studio and EIS are configured and works properly.
            I look forward for any suggestion
            Nic
            • 3. Re: Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3
              JohnGoodwin
              I have had a look at this and it took a while to work out but I think it is a bit of a bug or steps missing from the documentation when using EPM 11.1.2.3

If you copy registry-api.jar from the EPM workspace machine <MIDDLEWARE_HOME>\EPMSystem11R1\common\jlib\11.1.2.0\ to the OBIEE machine in <ORACLE_BI1>\common\jlib\11.1.2.0
              You can either replace the file in the OBIEE instance or rename it before copying the newer file from the EPM instance.

Copy CSS.jar from the EPM workspace machine <MIDDLEWARE_HOME>\EPMSystem11R1\common\CSS\11.1.2.0\lib to the OBIEE machine in <ORACLE_BI1>\common\CSS\11.1.2.0\lib

I would run the utility again with the clean option first and then run again with the register.

I have not checked if everything is working after all the steps are complete, as there is missing steps in the Oracle documentation it makes me wonder how much it has actually been tested with 11.1.2.3

Cheers

John
              http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
              • 4. Re: Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3
                olivier Rochon
                Hi,

I follow yout post.
                Now I have also no error during "HSSregistration.bat register"
                and when I test "HSSregistration.bat view", all is OK.

But I don't see any OBIEE menu into "Navigate > Application".

I see under the log "Workspace.log" the following lines :
                [2013-05-20T15:47:00.742+02:00] [EPMServer0] [NOTIFICATION] [00155] [oracle.bi.bifndnepm.workspace.config.RegistryConfig] [tid: 37] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 0000Jv2CN5j5yW^5xV_AiW1HaYXY00000E,0] [APP: WORKSPACE#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.oracle.workspace.config.RegistryConfig] [SRC_METHOD: initializeProductHashtable:926] Product BIEE-9.5 was not registered.  Deactivating product.
                [2013-05-20T15:47:00.744+02:00] [EPMServer0] [NOTIFICATION] [00155] [oracle.bi.bifndnepm.workspace.config.RegistryConfig] [tid: 37] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 0000Jv2CN5j5yW^5xV_AiW1HaYXY00000E,0] [APP: WORKSPACE#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.oracle.workspace.config.RegistryConfig] [SRC_METHOD: initializeProductHashtable:926] Product BIP-9.5 was not registered.  Deactivating product.

Why ?

The "OBIEE Admin Guide" say that we have to use the same identity store between EPM and OBIEE.
                Do you use "Oracle Internet Directory" to have the same identiy store ?

Regards
                • 5. Re: Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3
                  Alex27
                  Hi! I'm having troubles in BI integration into Workspace.
                  After all integration operations done i have the next view in workspace:
                  Quick links bar in Workspace homepage: [https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mDypousrOZc/UZ3WtIC_itI/AAAAAAAAAMw/kyprCm6IVd0/w331-h101-no/links.jpg]
                  Navigate->Applications menu view: [https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DOhX6WBWKy4/UZ3WtLI3yNI/AAAAAAAAAMs/Xk2mJzeSMi8/w695-h151-no/menu.jpg]
                  All links goes to an error "A 'Service Temporarily Unavailable' error occurred communicating with the server URI: EPM_HOST:19000/analytics/workspace/conf/BIEEConfig.xml" (links to my EPM_HOST not an BI_HOST on which that xml-file is)
                  In Shared Services console i can see BIEE Application group and can assign BI-roles to users.
                  Can you help me with that problem?
                  • 6. Re: Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3
                    user768394

The above solution by JohnGoodwin also works in a linux environment, if the following error is encountered while registering application -

! Done Registering Product with HSS

! Registering Application

Product: BIEE-11.1.2.0, Application:Dashboards, Filename:dashboards.Instance, Path:config/dashboards.Instance, ProjectName:BIEE

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.hyperion.css.CSSUserProvisioningAPIIF.registerApplication(Ljava/util/Map;Lcom/hyperion/css/common/CSSPrincipalIF;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

at com.hyperion.interop.lib.helper.RegistryHelper.createApplication(RegistryHelper.java:388)

at com.hyperion.interop.lib.helper.RegistrationHelper.register(RegistrationHelper.java:558)

at com.hyperion.interop.lib.CMSClient.register(CMSClient.java:738)

at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.HyperionSharedService.doRegisterApplication(HyperionSharedService.java:362)

at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.HyperionSharedService.register(HyperionSharedService.java:95)

at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.BIEERegisterer.execute(BIEERegisterer.java:60)

at oracle.bi.server.hssregistration.BIEERegisterer.main(BIEERegisterer.java:138)

• 7. Re: Configuring integration OBIEE 11.1.1.7 in EPM 11.1.2.3
                      AndyT_PA

Did you get this to work? We got this to work by using the jar files from EPM 11.1.2.2 instead of EPM 11.1.2.3. Once we did that and completed the steps, the integration worked fine.