This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 4:34 AM by Chris Muir RSS

Oracle Mobile Development ADF

1009601 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have recently installed the JDev Studio Edition 11.1.2.4.0 and installed Android SDK 4.2.2 (API17). I am deploying the "Hello work" Application to Andriod Emulator.

But at the time of deployment It gives me below error

[07:54:28 PM] Command-line executed: "F:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools\aapt" p debug-mode -f -m -J "C:\JDeveloper\mywork\MyMobileApp\deploy\Android_Mobile_Native_archive1\src" -M "C:\JDeveloper\mywork\MyMobileApp\deploy\Android_Mobile_Native_archive1\AndroidManifest.xml" min-sdk-version 9 target-sdk-version 9 version-name 1.0 version-code 1 extra-packages oracle.idm.mobile -F "C:\JDeveloper\mywork\MyMobileApp\deploy\Android_Mobile_Native_archive1\MyMobileApp.apk" -I "F:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platforms\android-15\android.jar" -S "C:\JDeveloper\mywork\MyMobileApp\deploy\Android_Mobile_Native_archive1\res" "C:\JDeveloper\mywork\MyMobileApp\deploy\Android_Mobile_Native_archive1\java_res"

[07:54:28 PM] Shutting down Android Debug Bridge server...
[07:54:28 PM] Deployment cancelled.
[07:54:28 PM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
[07:54:28 PM] Cannot run program ""F:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools\aapt"": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
[07:54:28 PM] CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

As you can see Its trying to find out aapt file in Platform-tools, however that is not present in the directory, when i looked for file aapt.exe, it is present @ F:\AndroidSDK\sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2\
but copying it to F:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools\ with no joy.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Oracle Mobile Development ADF
    Lalit S Explorer
    Hi,

Have to setup Android SDK location and Android Platform Location correctly. Following may give some hint.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18941_01/tutorials/setupmobileapps/jdtut_11r2_54_2.html

Thanks.

- Lalit
  • 2. jDevel Mobile Android deployment is looking for AAPT in the wrong place
    michael_j_quinn Newbie
    jDeveloper is looking for aapt in the wrong place - is there a configuration to fix this

Deploying to Android device
    Is looking for the android packaging too (aapt) in the wrong place
    The installed location of aapt.exe is D:\Android\SDK\build-tools\17.0.0\aapt.exe

jDeveloper is looking for aapt in
    D:\Android\SDK\platform-tools\aapt

**************** WORK AROUND ***************
    copy entire contents of D:\Android\SDK\build-tools\17.0.0 into D:\Android\SDK\platform-tools

Of course this means that any updates to AAPT from Google will now fail ;-)

DEPLOY LOG
    [09:08:28 AM] Creating unsigned Android application file...
    [09:08:28 AM] Command-line executed: "D:\Android\SDK\platform-tools\aapt" p -v debug-mode -f -m -J "C:\Users\mquinn\jDevHome\mywork\m01-image-server-upload\PhotoBox\deploy\Nexus7-Photobox-debug\src" -M "C:\Users\mquinn\jDevHome\mywork\m01-image-server-upload\PhotoBox\deploy\Nexus7-Photobox-debug\AndroidManifest.xml" min-sdk-version 9 target-sdk-version 9 version-name 1.0.0 version-code 1 extra-packages oracle.idm.mobile -F "C:\Users\mquinn\jDevHome\mywork\m01-image-server-upload\PhotoBox\deploy\Nexus7-Photobox-debug\MobilePictureBox.apk" -I "D:\Android\SDK\platforms\android-17\android.jar" -S "C:\Users\mquinn\jDevHome\mywork\m01-image-server-upload\PhotoBox\deploy\Nexus7-Photobox-debug\res" "C:\Users\mquinn\jDevHome\mywork\m01-image-server-upload\PhotoBox\deploy\Nexus7-Photobox-debug\java_res"
    [09:08:28 AM] Deployment cancelled.
    [09:08:28 AM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
    [09:08:28 AM] Cannot run program ""D:\Android\SDK\platform-tools\aapt"": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    [09:08:28 AM] CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

VERSION INFORMATION BELOW
    * Windows 7 - 64bit environment *
    Windows 7 professional SP1

Installed jdeveloper
    Build JDEVADF_11.1.2.4.0_GENERIC_130421.1600.6436.1

Applied updates
    ADF Mobile Framework     oracle.adf.mobile     11.1.2.4.39.64.36.1     Fully Loaded

Installed Android SDK
    D:\Android\SDK

* Applied all required updates*
    including Google Clound Messaging for Android Library - Rev 3 - latest update

* Applied jDev Mobile Dev preferences *
    Android SDK Location: D:\Android\SDK
    Android Platform Location : D:\Android\SDK\platforms\android-17

Edited by: michael_j_quinn on May 17, 2013 4:34 PM
  • 3. Re: jDevel Mobile Android deployment is looking for AAPT in the wrong place
    dvohra21 Oracle ACE
    jDeveloper is looking for aapt in the wrong place - is there a configuration to fix this

Not a JDeveloper error.
    +The in revision 17 of the platform build tools (aapt, aidl, dx.jar etc) have been moved from ANDROID_HOME/platform-tools to a separate package installed to ANDROID_HOME/build-tools/{revision-number}.+

https://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/issues/detail?id=377&sort=-id&colspec=ID%20Type%20Component%20OpSys%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary
  • 4. Re: jDevel Mobile Android deployment is looking for AAPT in the wrong place
    Chris Muir Employee ACE
    I can confirm Ive now seen this issue & will be conferring with the ADF Mobile team to address this.

CM.
  • 5. Re: jDevel Mobile Android deployment is looking for AAPT in the wrong place
    Chris Muir Employee ACE
    A temporary solution (your mileage may very):

From the <sdk>/build-tools/android-4.2.2 directory copy the following files/directories :

aapt.exe
    dx.bat
    /libs

...to <sdk>/platform-tools, or create symbolic links if working under an OS that supports them.

Can you please me know if this workaround worked for you?

I also continue to pursue the issue with our PMs, however Im on the opposite timezone from them so an answer may be delayed.

CM.
  • 6. Re: jDevel Mobile Android deployment is looking for AAPT in the wrong place
    Chris Muir Employee ACE
    Subsequently we've raised bug 16837655 and are working on the issue. As stated in the previous reply the workaround specified is best alternative at this stage. Please let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Regards,

CM.
  • 7. Re: jDevel Mobile Android deployment is looking for AAPT in the wrong place
    michael_j_quinn Newbie
    Cool chris, but see my workaround in the previous post

wish I could do proper symlinks in Windoze
  • 8. Re: jDevel Mobile Android deployment is looking for AAPT in the wrong place
    Chris Muir Employee ACE
    That'll teach me for reading the original OTN post on my phone, I often miss detail. Thanks for posting the workaround for others to benefit from.

As you guess it's obviously a priority patch for Oracle, as alluded to in Joe Huang's recent blog post: https://blogs.oracle.com/mobile/entry/adf_mobile_11_1_2

CM.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points