3 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2013 1:42 AM by MKKrishna RSS

Need help on my SQL statement

Hello experts,

I need to write a dynamic sql statement which will enable users to pick the date and the BI system will take them 3 months back. I tried 3 months variables I kept getting SQL error then I tried 90 days. Now it keep showing that there is no data which for sure I know its not trure.

This is my statement: +"GL Calendar"."Fiscal Date" >=timestampadd(SQL_TSI_DAY,-90, timestamp'@{ABCcost}{2013-05-16 00:00:00}')AND("GL Calendar"."Fiscal Date">=timestamp'@{ABCcost}{2013-05-16 00:00:00}')+

Anything that Im missing..
        • 1. Re: Need help on my SQL statement
          Veeresh Rayan
          Use In between statement. When a user select current_date then your in between statement should be like Date in between current_date and Current_date -90 days.

Mark corrector heplful if it helps.

Regards,
          Veeresh Rayan
          • 2. Re: Need help on my SQL statement
            Rayan,
            I am not sure if I am following you, cause we want to enable the user to pick whatever date and then from there they will get 3 months back and the rest of their info. I tried it didn't work, may be I placed at wrong place

Can you probably copy my statement above and insert in-between.

thanks,

Edited by: 994621 on May 17, 2013 11:28 AM
            • 3. Re: Need help on my SQL statement
              MKKrishna
              Pls. Use this below --seems you given >= instead of <= on the 2nd condition

"GL Calendar"."Fiscal Date" >=timestampadd(SQL_TSI_DAY,-90, timestamp'@{ABCcost}{2013-05-16 00:00:00}')AND("GL Calendar"."Fiscal Date" <= timestamp'@{ABCcost}{2013-05-16 00:00:00}')