1 Reply Latest reply: May 20, 2013 11:53 AM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle RSS

Discontined automatic Certifcate send & CertviewCertHist for 4 Countries

bigdelboy
      To Certification Forum Moderator or similar authority.

On page: https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.certification_history

Under: Why does my certification not show up here?

The top reason/explanation here is:
      Why does my certification not show up here?

You are in India, China, Bangladesh or Mexico
              If you are in one of these countries, you will receive your certificate via email in the form of an eCertificate within 3-4 business days of completing all certification requirements. You can request a hard copy of your certificate. There will be directions for requesting the hard copy in the eCertificate email you receive. When you receive the requested hard copy, you will receive the items mentioned above in your kit.
      I read this as:
      * For people in India, China, Bangladesh or Mexico
      [1] *** They will not get their certification history displayed in certview.
      [2] *** The will only get a email eCertificate via email .... unless ....
      [3] ......... They request a hard copy of the certificate only in that circumstance will a success kit be sent.

Checking the help Center I note the following:

==========
      How and when will I receive my OCP certificate?

The testing center will send your exam results to the Oracle Certification Program. All results are processed daily. Once all the certification requirements within the track you are pursuing have been complete, including completion and approval of the Course Submission Form, you should receive your certification success kit in the mail within 6-8 weeks, if you are not in India, Bangladesh, China or Mexico. The Success Kit you receive in the mail will include a personalized certificate as well as instructions on how to obtain your Oracle Certification logo.

Due to the high rate of delivery issues in India, Bangladesh, China and Mexico, candidates in these countries will receive the certificate via email within 3-4 business days from the time all certification requirements have been completed.

The email will come from oraclenoreply@gilmore.ca, with the subject line: Do NOT Delete! Your Oracle Certification eCertificate - Download Now.

The email will contain instructions for requesting a hard copy of your certificate. If you are in one of these countries, check the email address in your Pearson VUE profile for your certificate. If you have not received the eCertificate, please check CertView as well as your spam and junk folders before contacting Oracle Certification Support.

Approximately 24-48 hours after you have completed all certification requirements (including completion of the Course Submission Form for tracks that require training), your certification record should show in the candidate self-service tool, CertView. You can watch free Certview demos here.

The CertView link will take you to a screen to authorize your account. You will need your Oracle Testing IDand Email Address. You should enter this information exactly as it is in your Pearson VUEprofile. Once you have authorized your account, you can login to CertView at any time using your Oracle Single Sign On (SSO) (you will be able to create a single sign on from the CertView link if you do not already have one) and see if your kit has been processed. Once your certification shows up in CertView, you will be able to access your logos through the tool.

If you do not receive your Oracle certification success kit within 4-6 weeks of the shipping date in CertView, please contact Oracle Certification Support and provide your name, Oracle Certification Program credential earned, Oracle Testing ID number, current mailing address, and daytime phone number.

=======

Hmmmm ...
      ..... I hadn't appreciated this change, or when it had come in .... and may have been answering a few threads incorrectly as a result. That said, I am unsure if some of the statements are not totaly unambiguous. And perhaps not helpful if Pearson VUE/Certview keeps going wrong.

Comments welocme.
        • 1. Re: Discontined automatic Certifcate send & CertviewCertHist for 4 Countries
          Brandye Barrington-Oracle
          Thanks for the comment/feedback. We will review that content to see if we can make it more clear. For clarity's sake here on the forum:

- Exam results and Certification histories will be reflected here in CertView for all exams for all candidates worldwide. The exceptions will be acquisitions, each of which have slightly different guidelines. For any Oracle Certification exam that you took at Pearson VUE, the resulting exam results and certifications will be in CertView regardless of what country you reside in.
          - Candidates in India, China, Bangladesh and Mexico will initially only receive a soft copy of their actual certificate. They will only receive a hard copy if they request it through the process outlined in the email they received that also contained the certificate.

Thanks,
          Brandye Barrington
          Certification Forum Moderator