5 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2013 4:29 PM by bala6 RSS

Content Tree - reorder child assets

bala6
      Hi

Today I added List of Flex child assets under parent in content Tree . but we need to reorder this child asset in same parent .

For Example : [Child assets in order from top to bottom in content Tree]

parent [ child 1 , child 2 ,child 3 ,child 4 ] , I want reorder this child to
      parent [child 3,child 1 ,child 2,child 4 ] .

Is it possible to do in Fatwire 11G , If yes , how could we implement this feature ? .

thanks
      bala
        • 1. Re: Content Tree - reorder child assets
          bala6
          Hi

Contributor - Content Tree - I able to add list of child assets under parent flex asset . but I want know which fatwire tag /class use this retrieve list of child assets and how maintain the order list of child assets under parent .

thanks
          bala
          • 2. Re: Content Tree - reorder child assets
            Gerardo Rodriguez
            Have you tried asset:children to retrieve the assets?

asset:children
            Queries the AssetRelationTree table and builds a list of child assets for the specified parent asset.
            • 3. Re: Content Tree - reorder child assets
              bala6
              Hi

Thanks for your answer , but I am expecting is I want change the order in the contributor UI.
              For example , list of flex asset childs under in the parent , I want change the child order in the contributor UI

Thanks
              bala

Edited by: bala6 on May 20, 2013 5:46 PM

Edited by: bala6 on May 21, 2013 2:42 AM
              • 4. Re: Content Tree - reorder child assets
                JoeScanlon
                In the Flex asset model there is not really a good concept of ordering children. All Children are created equally with relation to the Parent. There IS a structure that supports ordering of children in the Page Assets - though they may not be right for your needs.

Typically, when clients want to 'order' the children under a parent -they end up adding an 'ordering' attribute to the child assets and then write a custom treetab to show sorted. Another way is to get away from the Parent / Child and add an attribute of type Asset to the Parent (multivalued) - that supports ordering - I still think that you would need to write a custom tree tab to enable drag n drop re-ordering though
                • 5. Re: Content Tree - reorder child assets
                  bala6
                  Thanks for your valuable response , your solution custom tree tab with drag/drop the assets will full fill my requirement .
                  But I didn't find out this implementation details in developer guide , please guide me .

Thanks
                  bala