This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 4:03 PM by Anuj Dwivedi RSS

Segment delimeter: How to support both windows and unix version of newline

1004227 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
This is for X12 HIPAA.

We have a requirement to use new line character as a segment delimiter to process inbound files. The problem is we have two sources, one sends in windows new line format(CRLF) and another source sends in linux format(LF). Currently we have configured this in document definition on b2b console. But looks like only one version is supported.

Is there a way to support both the versions?

Our weblogic server runs on Linux box.

We did not set oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.edi.enablePreprocess, i.e., default value as false for this

Thanks,
Kathar
  • 1. Re: Segment delimeter: How to support both windows and unix version of newline
    1004227 Newbie
    Second question on the same subject:

I have configured segment delimiter as 0x7e0x0A (tilda and linefeed - linux new line character). However if i send ~LF in the input file, B2B is not recognizing it. However if i send, ~CRLF, B2B recognizes it and processing it correctly. Appreciate your help on this matter.

Thanks,
    Kathar
  • 2. Re: Segment delimeter: How to support both windows and unix version of newline
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    Hi Kathar,
    Is there a way to support both the versions?
    If file is having CRLF at correct position then B2B will be able to process it but if file generated on Linux is not having CR character itself then it will fail at windows.
    I have configured segment delimiter as 0x7e0x0A (tilda and linefeed - linux new line character). However if i send ~LF in the input file, B2B is not recognizing it. However if i send, ~CRLF, B2B recognizes it and processing it correctly.
    Ideally 0x7e0x0A should work without any issue if file is correct. If you can send me the agreement export with the test payload which you are using then I may quickly verify.

Regards,
    Anuj

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points