This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
• Can the external services (UCM,HCM and BIP) be IP restricted?
--> Depends on the services called, if they support OWSM then one way would be [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/web.1111/e13882/extgd_samples.htm#CIHEEJHD]custom OWSM assertion, if not suitable can you elaborate on the requirement?
• Can SaaS customers use the UCM Web Service GenericSoapService to check in files for loading (Release 7 onwards)? In the POC we used the Java API oracle.ucm.client.UploadTool.
--> Not sure what the question is; is the concern whether the service is available in release 7, whether it provides specific feature ("check in files for loading") or whether it supports OWSM policies ?
• I understand that all External HCM services including LoaderIntegrationService implement security policy wss11_saml_or_username_token_with_message_protection_service_policy.
Can the UCM upload Web Service be configured to implement the same security policy?
--> In general policies attached to WS can be managed using [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/b32511/attaching.htm#CEGDGIHD]Fusion Middleware Control or the WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST). The [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/doc.1111/e10807/web_services001.htm]documentation states for UCM:
The generic Oracle UCM Web Services are JAX-WS based and can be assigned OWSM policies and managed by OWSM. The native Oracle UCM Web Services are SOAP based and can only support WS-Policy policies managed through the Oracle WebLogic Administration Console.
So support depends on the service that you use.
• Can the BI Publisher ReportService be configured to implement security policy wss11_saml_or_username_token_with_message_protection_service_policy?
--> I am not sure about this, if I remember correctly the BI publisher is using the same OPSS framework for identities, however I think there were differences on the security implementation though. The [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/bi.1111/e22259/toc.htm]documentation for the [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/bi.1111/e22259/reportservice.htm#T569713]ReportService does not provide the details so I would need to contact colleagues on this.
• Therefore will it be possible to use either SAML or Username and password authentication for the above services or the UCM Java API?
--> This depends on the services used, each service used needs to be evaluated whether OWSM policies are supported. For specifics for the services I would need to contact a colleagues with expertise on them, can you provide exact details of each of the service you are planning to use ?
Fusion Applications Developer Relations