2 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 8:28 AM by Edwin van Meerendonk RSS

Webservice don't work well in APEX...

Hi everybody! I need to solve a doubt or better I need a light to understand what happen!!!

I'm using Oracle Application Express, before upgrade I was using webservice normally.
      But after upgrade the APEX my app that consumed a webservice, stopped work. It's impossible to identify what happened because when the app it is executed appear the following message error:

ORA-28817: PL/SQL function returned an error.

I was not convinced about that and I requested an account in the APEX ORACLE (http://apex.oracle.com/) to create the same app. And in the APEX ORACLE the webservice didn't work too, but in the APEX ORACLE appears another error:

ORA-29273: HTTP request failed ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1130 ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out

I know that the app's webservice really work, because it was verified.

After that, I solved to access the oracle's website that has a lot of sample of webservice and tried to install one named Amazon S3, and this app didn't work...

Sorry for the question, but I need a light to understand what I need to do...

Someone know what happen? It's an Apex upgrade problem? Because I know that these apps worked well...
        • 1. Re: Webservice don't work well in APEX...
          Denes Kubicek
          apex.oracle.com may not be the best place for testing webservices - I am not sure if you can use it there.

What kind of webservice is it? There is an APE for running webservices manually out of PL/SQL instead of running and testing it from the application. Have you tried that. It would give you a better information on why it fails.

Denes Kubicek
          • 2. Re: Webservice don't work well in APEX...
            Edwin van Meerendonk
            What is your database version?
            When 11, check your ACL