This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2013 5:46 AM by BrajPratap RSS

How to create Message choice through personalization

995606 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

i have an issue, i need to add the message choice with already existing page through personalization..
how can i add?

Thanks
Rama
  • 1. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hi Rama ,

Navigate to the page to which you wish to add Message Choice bean , click on personalization link - > select complete view
    ( radio button ) - > in the table ,select region at which you wan to add the new item , click on the Create item image ( under create item
    column ) you will be redirected to a new page , enter the following details

ID : any appropriate id

Item style : MessageChoice

Prompt : any name as desired

Click on apply and navigate back to oaf page , now you should be able to see the new item gets created on the page .

--Keerthi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 2. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    995606 Newbie
    Thank You Keerthi,

yes i created the message choice item as your process after that what can i do?
    and let me know is it possible to do through Personalization ?

Thank You
    Rama
  • 3. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

What are the values you want to show in message choice item ?
    If you have a query for that, then you have to create a new view object for that and later map attribute to message choice item through personalization.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 4. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    995606 Newbie
    ok...

so, through personalization possible to create message choice right?
  • 5. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

If view object is already present for the data you want to display in message choice item, then you need only personalization.
    However, if VO is not present, then you have to do personalization as well as create new view object for that.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 6. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    995606 Newbie
    Hi,

i dont have VO which is populating related data..

suppose if i create a new VO, is it takes the extention/personalization?

Thanks

Rama
  • 7. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    SandeepM. Journeyer
    You can follow steps suggested by keerti to add message choice.

To populate with required records, set following properties:

Picklist View Definition
    Picklist Display Attribute
    Picklist Value Attribute
  • 9. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    SandeepM. Journeyer
    You cannot create view object through personalization.
    You need to go for extension for creating a new and assign that using personalization.
  • 10. Re: How to create Message choice through personalization
    BrajPratap Expert
    Hi

In your requirement u need to have personalization and controller extension both , message choice bean can be created through personalization but to display the value in list u have to create a new view object which should be mentioned in Pick List view definition , and that new custom view object should be added with Page root application module so to add this custom view object with root application module u need to go for controller extension , please let me know if any doubt is there.

Thanks
    Pratap

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points