3 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 2:09 AM by 865185 RSS

About multiple identity plug-in in SES11.1.2.2

hi Experts,

I have a question on identity plug-in for ses11.1.2.2, if multiple identity plug-in are activited/started, does this mean SES will check the identity from all these identity plug-in? for example:
      Can I have this senario: user1 belongs to AD, user2 belongs to OID? both user1 and user2 can log in with SES when AD and OID plug-in are activied.

Best regards
        • 1. Re: About multiple identity plug-in in SES11.1.2.2
          Hi,

currently SES 11g supports only one identity plug in per SES instance. So this translation issue will not come up. What you can do, if you have multiple identity stores (AD, OiD) is to set up one SES instance per identity store and use SES federation to connect them into one virtual search server. The SES federation feature offers a simple translation between credentials, say, from AD to OiD.

Hope this helps,
          Regards, Stefan Buchta
          • 2. Re: About multiple identity plug-in in SES11.1.2.2
            Thanks, answer was marked.
            • 3. Re: About multiple identity plug-in in SES11.1.2.2
              hi sbuchta,

I want to double confirm your answer.

If this is the requirement:
              1. Customer has an AD as backend authentication system.
              2. Customer is using WCC(UCM) which uses that AD as authentication provider.
              3. Customer uses SES to search UCM and NTFS(NTFS has ACL enabled)

In this scenario, the only option is to use fed search solution(1 SES instance for searching NTFS with AD plugin, another SES instance for searching UCM with StellentIdentityPlugin)?

Best regards