This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 1:24 AM by Carl Hammond RSS

Default value of radio button on first row in table

Carl Hammond Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have created a custom page which includes a table ("SuppliersTable"), the table has a singleSelection table component (radio button) linked to a transient attribute ("SelectFlag") in a VO ("ApSuppliersVO"). The table is populated from a Query region.

I would like to 'select' the radio button on the first row of the table by default when a query is executed (when a user clicks "Go"), I have tried the following but its not setting the value:

In CO:
        if (pageContext.getParameter(go) != null) {
            System.out.println("The GO button was pressed");
            am.invokeMethod("handleFirstRows");
        }
In AMImpl:
    public void handleFirstRows() {
        System.out.println("1");
        OAViewObject suppliersVO = 
            (OAViewObject)findViewObject("ApSuppliersVO");
        if (suppliersVO != null) {
            System.out.println("2");
            int rowcnt = suppliersVO.getRowCount();
            System.out.println("RowCount:" + rowcnt);
            if (suppliersVO.getFetchedRowCount() != 0) {
                System.out.println("3");
                //OARow supplierRow = (OARow)suppliersVO.first();
                Row supplierRow1 = suppliersVO.first();
                supplierRow1.setAttribute("SelectFlag", "Y");
            }
        }
    }
Based on the debug messages I can see that it is calling the procedure, but either not setting the value, or not setting it in a way that renders it on the page and forces the event that goes with it.

Am I missing something/doing it completely wrong? How can I best achieve this?

JDEV 10.1.3.3.0
EBS 12.1.3

Kind Regards
Carl
  • 1. Re: Default value of radio button on first row in table
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hey hi Carl,

Its pretty much correct , well , can you try the below code .

OAViewObject localOAViewObject1 = (OAViewObject)am.findViewObject("ProjectDatesVO");
    if(localOAViewObject1!=null) {
    Row DateVoROw = localOAViewObject1.first();
    RowSetIterator iterator = localOAViewObject1.createRowSetIterator("iterator");
    iterator.setRangeStart(0);
    iterator.setRangeSize(localOAViewObject1.getRowCount());
    for(int i=0; i<iterator.getRowCount(); i++)
    {

DateVoROw=iterator.getRowAtRangeIndex(1); // represents first row
    if(DateVoROw!=null)
    {
    // set the value here .
    }
    }

Kindly Let me know the update .

--Keerthi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 2. Re: Default value of radio button on first row in table
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hi Carl ,

Another thing i have notice is that if you are using Oracle standard query mode ( Result based search / auto customization ) then
    you can handle the Go button in following way ( pageContext.getParameter("Go") will not work )

here is the code .

OAApplicationModule ap = (OAApplicationModule)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean);
    OAQueryBean bean = (OAQueryBean)webBean.findIndexedChildRecursive("*queryRN*"); // Id of the query region
    if(bean!=null)
    {
    String id = (String)bean.getGoButtonName();
    if(pageContext.getParameter(id)!=null)
    {
    ap.invokeMethod("Method_name",params);

if you are not passing any parameter then

ap.invokeMethod("Method_name",null);

}

--keerthi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 3. Re: Default value of radio button on first row in table
    SandeepM. Journeyer
    Hi Carl,

If it is printing messages 1 , 2 and 3 that means it is calling your method and setting the values.
    Now here is what may be happening.

Since it is standard query region it is executing the VO and it is doing that after you setting the value of SelectFlag and override the value.

I can suggest another way of doing this. you can take SelectFlag as one of the query column in ApSuppliersVO and setting its value to Y when rownum is 1 else null in query itself. Is it possible for you?
    That can solve your issue.
  • 4. Re: Default value of radio button on first row in table
    Carl Hammond Newbie
    Hi Keerthi,

I tried your solution, however the value was still not being set (or not being set in a way that is visible in the form).

Sandeep - I had started to think that was the case, so I will handle it in the VO instead.

Many thanks for your responses.

Carl
  • 5. Re: Default value of radio button on first row in table
    Carl Hammond Newbie
    Hi Keerthi,

I tried your solution, however the value was still not being set (or not being set in a way that is visible in the form).

Sandeep - I had started to think that was the case, so I will handle it in the VO instead.

Many thanks for your responses.

Carl

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points