This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 8:41 AM by Alejandro Tovar Lanz RSS

Integration OAF Regions with external applications

Alejandro Tovar Lanz Expert
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have been trying to find an answer regarding to my issue. I would be happy if somebody tells me that what I intend to do is not possible.

I need to retrieve OAF Regions and show them (or at least get the information) in my external application (an ADF Application). You OAF People, do you think this is possible? All what I've got is a message like this:

Attribute HR_NTF_EMBEDDED_REGION refers to Framework Region JSP:/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=-HR_COMP_NTF_SS-&NtfId=-35815463-.

I will be really grateful for any advise.
  • 1. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    SandeepM. Journeyer
    Hi,

Could you please elaborate more on your requirement preferably with an example.

Thanks!!
  • 2. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    Hi,

Yes. For example:

SELECT wf_notification.GetBody (35815463)
    from dual;

gives:

Attribute HR_NTF_EMBEDDED_REGION refers to Framework Region JSP:/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=-HR_COMP_NTF_SS-&NtfId=-35815463-.

I need the actual body message not just the call to the region. I want somehow to at least retrieve or call somewhere OAFunc=-HR_COMP_NTF_SS-&NtfId=-35815463-. to be able to retrieve what I need.

Does this make it clear? I need to be able to access the body via DATABASE. I want to get what is in HR_NTF_EMBEDDED_REGION .

Regards
  • 3. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    SandeepM. Journeyer
    Hi,

As I understand now you want to get the OAF region HTML (which is displayed in notification when opened from worklist) in your third party application.

There is no straight way to do this as OAF regions are translated to HTML by oracle at runtime and also user credentials and other function security applied at that time.

wf_notification package provides getAttrDoc to get complete document in html format but it is implemented only for PLSQL document and not for OAF regions.

Conclusion is if we need to achieve this, we will have to find out how oracle translates the OAF region xml to html along with the data if any and implement the same into our application.
    If you can provide me more information about your ADF application and in which context you want to display notification body in your appilcation, I can try to achieve the same at my end and let you know the results.
    Also we can see if by any alternate way we can achieve your requirement.
  • 4. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    Hi Sandeep,

Thank you very much for your answer. That is what I was afraid of. However, I do have the credentials for EBS (Username and Password) so maybe we can create the session and request the oracle to execute the function and then we could get the body back as an inline frame. I think that is the only way to do it.

This ADF application is basically a selfservice of HRMS. Easier interface etc. One of the module of this selfservice is Notification where the actual implementation is that the user can see whatever is in the WF_Notifications table but to take actions and to see the body the user has to click on the link and it is redirected to the actual HRMS system where the user needs to log in again (is there a way to propagate the session???) and after that see the notification in EBS.

I really appreciate your help on this.
  • 5. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    SandeepM. Journeyer
    Hi Alejandro,

I am trying to find a way to propagate the session from ADF application to EBS to display the notification and will udpate the post if it works.
  • 6. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    Hi Sandeep,

Thank you very much. If it helps I have access to EBS Credentials for every user.

Regards
  • 7. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    mzshaw Explorer
    Take a look at the following documents, which will hopefully provide some insight into the recommended approaches for ADF/eBiz integration:

- FAQ for Integration of Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Applications (Metalink Note 1296491.1)

- E-Business Suite Application Development Using Oracle Application Framework (OAF) and Application Development Framework (ADF) (Metalink Note 563047.1)
    https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/new_whitepaper_ebusiness_suite

- Webcast Replay Available: Using Oracle ADF with Oracle E-Business Suite
    https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/webcast_replay_available_using_oracle

Hope this is useful

regards

Mike
  • 8. Re: Integration OAF Regions with external applications
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for those links but like everywhere else they are more oriented to put ADF inside EBS and not the other direction. The tutorials they have is using EBS as main session provider. I'm just wondering how to get whatever I want from EBS creating in the background a session so if I render an inlineframe I don't need to log in again in EBS.

Regards

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points