10 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 12:55 PM by Ankur ... RSS

adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking

Ankur ...
      Hi Experts,

I got following errors while cloning Oracle Applications Release 11i with Rapid Clone . [ID 230672.1]
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      EBS-11.5.10.2
      DB-11.2.0.3.0
      OS-Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I ran perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack on db tier

Log file content:-

Loading ORACLE_HOME environment from /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1
      Logfile: /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/log/TRCDEV2_gddev2db1/NetServiceHandler.log
      Error generating tnsnames.ora from the database, temperory tnsnames.ora will be generated using templates
      Instantiating templates
      tnsnames.ora instantiated
      listener.ora instantiated

adgentns.pl exiting with status 25600
      ERRORCODE = 25600 ERRORCODE_END
      .end std out.

.end err out.

Result : FAILED
      ===========================================================================

Ending Context Value Management System.
      No uploading of Context file and its templates to database. Database conection failed

Starting ORACLE_HOME relinking...
      Instantiating adlnkoh.sh

Starting relink of ORACLE_HOME - RDBMS
      Adding execute permission to :
      /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/install/adlnkoh.sh
      Executing cmd :

adlnkoh.sh started at Thu May 23 17:02:19 PDT 2013
      logfile located in /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/install/make.log

Error while running adlnkoh.sh. Please check logfile

.end std out.

.end err out.

RC-00110: Error occurred while relinking of rdbms
      Raised by oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDBTechStack
      RC-00119: Error occurred while relinking {0}
      Completed relinking.

ApplyDBTechStack Completed Successfully.

Logfile: /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/log/TRCDEV2_gddev2db1/NetServiceHandler.log
      getConnectionUsingSID() -->
      JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@gddev2db1.tireco.com:1591:TRCDEV2
      Exception occurred: java.sql.SQLException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
      Trying to connect using SID as ServiceName
      getConnectionUsingServiceName() -->
      JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=gddev2db1.tireco.com)(PORT=1591))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=TRCDEV2)))
      Exception occurred: java.sql.SQLException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
      Trying to connect using SID as ServiceName.DomainName
      getConnectionUsingServiceName() -->
      JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=gddev2db1.tireco.com)(PORT=1591))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=TRCDEV2.tireco.com)))
      Connection could not be obtained; returning null

logfile located in /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/install/make.log
      no errors found.

Looking for some assistance, Please guide

Thanks,
      Ankur
        • 1. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
          Ankur ...
          gddev2db1:/mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1>lsnrctl status TRCDEV2

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on 23-MAY-2013 18:08:51

Copyright (c) 1991, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROCTRCDEV2))
          STATUS of the LISTENER
          ------------------------
          Alias TRCDEV2
          Version TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production
          Start Date 23-MAY-2013 17:03:10
          Uptime 0 days 1 hr. 5 min. 40 sec
          Trace Level off
          Security ON: Local OS Authentication
          SNMP OFF
          Listener Parameter File /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/network/admin/TRCDEV2_gddev2db1/listener.ora
          Listener Log File /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/log/diag/tnslsnr/gddev2db1/trcdev2/alert/log.xml
          Listening Endpoints Summary...
          (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=EXTPROCTRCDEV2)))
          (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=gddev2db1.tireco.com)(PORT=1591)))
          Services Summary...
          Service "PLSExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
          Instance "PLSExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
          Service "TRCDEV2" has 1 instance(s).
          Instance "TRCDEV2", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
          The command completed successfully
          • 2. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
            ;) ApPsMasTi ;)
            Hi Ankur,

please post the complete error by searching the script adlnkoh.sh
            location /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/log/TRCDEV2_gddev2db1/ApplyDBTechstack_xxxxx.log
            please post the error from the above file

are you performing hot cloning or normal?
            Are you performing the hot cloning ( using RMAN) or normal cloning method ?
            I see you running the command "perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack."
            please post the content of make.log
            are you able to connect to database remotely?

;) AppsmAsti ;)
            sharing is Caring
            • 3. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
              DBA_EBiz_EBS
              Can you check the following environment variables:

PERL5LIB
              ADPERLPRG

i.e. echo $PERL5LIB and then echo $ADPERLPRG.
              Compare these to what you have in your production system from where you are cloning.

They should have similar paths (with the obvious differences like server names, context name, sids, etc.)

Regards,
              • 4. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
                DBA_EBiz_EBS
                By the way, when I clone I get the following in my log ApplyDBTechStack_<timestamp>.log and the cloning still works:

".....
                SCRIPT RETURNED:
                ##########################################################################
                Generate Tns Names
                ##########################################################################
                Classpath : /oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/jdk/jre/lib/rt.jar:/oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/jdk/lib/dt.jar:/oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/jdk/lib/tools.jar:/oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/jdbc/lib/ojdbc5.jar:/oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/appsutil/java/xmlparserv2.zip:/oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/appsutil/java:/oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/jlib/netcfg.jar:/oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/jlib/ldapjclnt11.jar

Loading ORACLE_HOME environment from /oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2
                Logfile: /oradev12/ora/dev12_devdb12/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2/appsutil/log/dev12_devdb12/NetServiceHandler.log
                Error generating tnsnames.ora from the database, temperory tnsnames.ora will be generated using templates
                Instantiating templates
                tnsnames.ora instantiated
                listener.ora instantiated

adgentns.pl exiting with status 25600
                ERRORCODE = 25600 ERRORCODE_END
                .end std out.

.end err out.

Result : FAILED

Ending Context Value Management System.

....."
                • 5. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
                  Ankur ...
                  -> Complete error by searching adlnkoh.sh:-

instantiate file:
                  source : /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/template/adlnkoh.sh
                  dest : /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/install/adlnkoh.sh
                  backup : /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/install/adlnkoh.sh to /mnt/DEVapps/oracle/trcdev2db/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/out/TRCDEV2_gddev2db1/05231702/adlnkoh.sh

Starting ORACLE_HOME relinking...
                  Instantiating adlnkoh.sh

Starting relink of ORACLE_HOME - RDBMS
                  Adding execute permission to :
                  Executing cmd :

adlnkoh.sh started at Thu May 23 17:02:19 PDT 2013

.end std out.

.end err out.

RC-00110: Error occurred while relinking of rdbms
                  RC-00119: Error occurred while relinking {0}
                  Completed relinking.

-> I am cloning DB from hot backup that's why using dbTechStack feature, it will configure the target database ORACLE_HOME but it will not create control files or open the database then i will clone DB using rman duplicate command.

-> make.log doesn't contain any error messages.

-> And yes I'm able to connect remotely

Thanks
                  Ankur
                  • 6. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
                    Ankur ...
                    Source System
                    [oraPRD@gdprddb1 ~]$ echo $PERL5LIB
                    /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl:/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8:/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl:/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8:.:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/perl:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/perl:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/perl
                    [oraPRD@gdprddb1 ~]$ echo $ADPERLPRG
                    /usr/bin/perl

Target System
                    gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>echo $PERL5LIB

gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>echo $ADPERLPRG

gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>
                    • 7. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
                      ;) ApPsMasTi ;)
                      978366 wrote:
                      Source System
                      [oraPRD@gdprddb1 ~]$ echo $PERL5LIB
                      /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl:/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8:/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl:/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8:.:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/perl:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/perl:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3:/mnt/PRDapps/oracle/trcprddb/11.2.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/perl
                      what version of perl you have on source
                      are you using 5.8 with 11g datatabase?

ur Db is 11.2.0.3
                      But for an instance with 11gR2 Database, the perl version on the database tier is '5.10.0'. So the variable 'PERL5LIB' on the 11gR2 database tier needs to be set as follows:

export PERL5LIB=<ORACLE_HOME>/perl/lib/5.10.0:<ORACLE_HOME>/perl/site_perl/5.10.0:<ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil/perl
                      [oraPRD@gdprddb1 ~]$ echo $ADPERLPRG
                      /usr/bin/perl

Target System
                      gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>echo $PERL5LIB

gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>echo $ADPERLPRG

gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>
                      please see this hot set the perl path
                      Rapid Clone Error : 11gR2 Database : Perl lib Version (v5.8.5) Doesn't Match Executable Version (v5.10.0) [ID 1276455.1]     To BottomTo Bottom     

;) AppsMasti ;)
                      Sharing is Caring
                      • 8. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
                        Ankur ...
                        Hi,

Pearl version on Source System:-
                        [oraPRD@gdprddb1 ~]$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Pearl version on target System:-
                        gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>perl -v

My DB is 11.2.0.3 so according to you i should upgrade my perl version to 5.10.0. but i'm afraid to say that when I clone TEST instance from PROD instance i don't get any such issues.
                        So should i go ahead and upgrade my perl version.

Thanks,
                        Ankur
                        • 9. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
                          ;) ApPsMasTi ;)
                          978366 wrote:
                          Hi,

Pearl version on Source System:-
                          [oraPRD@gdprddb1 ~]$ perl -v

Pearl version on target System:-
                          gddev2db1:/home/oraDEV>perl -v

My DB is 11.2.0.3 so according to you i should upgrade my perl version to 5.10.0. but i'm afraid to say that when I clone TEST instance from PROD instance i don't get any such issues.
                          So should i go ahead and upgrade my perl version.
                          ankur please set the perl path from RDBMS home and the proceed with cloning
                          please see perl5lib path from the source and set accordingly on target and proceed
                          let see how t goes after setting the path

;) AppsMasti ;)
                          Sharing is caring
                          • 10. Re: adcfgclone failing with RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking
                            Ankur ...
                            I set the perl path from RDBMS oracle home and the issue got resolved,

Many Thanks for all the support.

Thanks,
                            Ankur