This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2013 12:54 PM by AshishShukla RSS

Implementing RAC with CentOS5.9

kvinodhbabu Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have finished all per-requisites of RAC configuration on my Windows server 2008.

Now i have started grid installation when i run sh runInstaller desktop screen flickers where the Next and Cancel Button appears.

Top page looks ok. But the bottom page does t even allow me click on buttons i am not sure if its something with the CENTOS5.

If i have a asked a dumb question i am sorry about that.

Thanks,
Vinodh
  • 1. Re: Implementing RAC with CentOS5.9
    EdStevens Guru
    kvinodhbabu wrote:
    Hi,

I have finished all per-requisites of RAC configuration on my Windows server 2008.

Now i have started grid installation when i run sh runInstaller desktop screen flickers where the Next and Cancel Button appears.

Top page looks ok. But the bottom page does t even allow me click on buttons i am not sure if its something with the CENTOS5.

If i have a asked a dumb question i am sorry about that.

Thanks,
    Vinodh
    Please cite the source that said CentOS is a supported platform for Oracle. I don't see it in the fine Installation Guide: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e24322/pre_install.htm#CIHFICFD
  • 2. Re: Implementing RAC with CentOS5.9
    kvinodhbabu Newbie
    huh tat s a valid point but still i found few articles on RAC implementation with CentOS as Operating system.

Anyways i will see if i can get RHEL5.5 but still i cannot use yum and directly install the records because it might ask for registration.

Thanks,
    Vinodh
  • 3. Re: Implementing RAC with CentOS5.9
    kvinodhbabu Newbie
    it was problem with the screen resolution settings. It was my mistake to avoid guestaddtions part of my installation task.

After doing that it works fine so OS is not a problem here.

Thanks,
    Vinodh
  • 4. Re: Implementing RAC with CentOS5.9
    EdStevens Guru
    kvinodhbabu wrote:
    it was problem with the screen resolution settings. It was my mistake to avoid guestaddtions part of my installation task.

After doing that it works fine so OS is not a problem here.

Thanks,
    Vinodh
    Guest additions? Is this being installed under Virtual Box? If so, that was another critical piece of information you left out ....
  • 5. Re: Implementing RAC with CentOS5.9
    EdStevens Guru
    kvinodhbabu wrote:
    huh tat s a valid point but still i found few articles on RAC implementation with CentOS as Operating system.
    They can't lie on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc

>
    Anyways i will see if i can get RHEL5.5 but still i cannot use yum and directly install the records because it might ask for registration.
    You could use Oracle Linux. Fully RH compatible. Purchase price is US$0.00. Their free public yum server requires no registration. The only thing you pay actual money for is if you want a support contract, to allow you to actually open a service request.

>
    Thanks,
    Vinodh
  • 6. Re: Implementing RAC with CentOS5.9
    AshishShukla Newbie
    Hello,

It just the problem of screen resolution. Cancel OUI window, modify resolution of you machine and again start OUI(runInstaller).

Thanks,
    Ashish Shukla

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points