This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2013 12:28 AM by JohnGoodwin RSS

Essbase install

User553814-OC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I installed and configureg everything except Essbase on a separate server. Next, I installed Essbase on a Linux server. The charater set is correct, I had the DBA change it before installing anything.

I get this error,

Failed to navigate from RegistryWizardState: Error while initializing registry.

Suggestions please?

Thanks,
P
  • 1. Re: Essbase install
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    Did you select connect to a previously configured Shared Services database?
    Have you check the full error in the config logs.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 2. Re: Essbase install
    User553814-OC Newbie
    Previous Config was selected, other option was greyed out.

....config log files should be here -     EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/config

I was confused because there were no log files there. As it turns out if you hit cancel from the configtool the instance is deleted, log files and all.

I left the config tool open after the error and can see some errors that need to be resolved in the registry.log..

Thanks,
    J
  • 3. Re: Essbase install
    User553814-OC Newbie
    In the log file it looks like there's no problem connecting to a previously configured Shared Sevices Database..I see this error...

] [oracle.EPMREG.REG] [tid: 14] [ecid: 0000JvgMqPuC^qd5pfP5iY1HdFHr000002,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.hit.registry.ComponentImpl] [SRC_METHOD: getHost] Host SERVER01 could not be resolved.
    [2013-05-28T13:16:55.518-05:00] [EPMREG] [ERROR] [EPMREG-11003] [oracle.EPMREG.REG] [tid: 14] [ecid: 0000JvgMqPuC^qd5pfP5iY1HdFHr000002,0] [SRC_CLASS

SERVER01 is where I installed Foundation. It's a Windows box.

I can ping it no problem.

Suggestion?

Thanks
    P
  • 4. Re: Essbase install
    hyperionEPM Journeyer
    From the error it seems that even though you are able to ping the server, you are not able to connect to the host using the configurator.

Can you try to mention the IP address and the host name of the foundation machine in the hosts file and see if that makes any difference?

<IP address> <Servername>

Are you trying this on windows on linux? If you have a windows firewall or Antivirus which is ON you can try to switch it off and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    hyperionEPM
    Please mark answers as helpful or correct for others to find them easily.
  • 5. Re: Essbase install
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    As a test try adding the windows ip/host/dns to the linux hosts file and see if the error still exists.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points