11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 11:32 PM by ppssrr RSS

Coherence web setup failed

SunnyDays
      Hi,

I tried to follow the coherence tutorial 3.7.1 chapter 11 for coherence web setup. I have also created the counter.jsp for testing. But I keep on failing to start the app.

Any hint?

K.
        • 1. Re: Coherence web setup failed
          Jonathan.Knight
          Hi K,

You will need to give us a bit more information than that - are you seeing any error messages, errors in log output etc...

JK
          • 2. Re: Coherence web setup failed
            SunnyDays
            Hi,

Anyway, I think following the notes really doesn't work, right?

I have several questions:
            1) I need to create my own script of a storage enabled coherence server by myself as:
            -Dtangosol.coherence. cacheconfig=session-cache-config.xml -Dtangosol. coherence.distributed.localstorage=true -Dtangosol. coherence.session.localstorage=true

But even after I deploy the application (counter.war, I named it counter.war and counter1.war but still not working), it never go to the OK state for me to tests. My guess is that I'm missing some libraries.

2) When I deployed it, there is an error asking like coherence integration lib or so. So, I search around and found that it seems that not only the active cache jar and the coherence-web-spi jar is needed, but also com.oracle.core.integration and com.oracle.core.coherence.server are also needed, is that true? What do I have to do?

3) I didn't understand why the notes only asked us to create a coherence cluster name CoherenceCluster but that definition didn't point to any coherence instance, it's very strange.

4) Can I use the definition as coherence clusters in the weblogic console? But I found that I need to include some jar files in the class path? Why is that so? How about the meaning of pointing this coherence server to weblogic machines and coherence cluster means?

Originally, I thought the configuration of coherence web is much more easier comparing to coherence server itself (e.g., POF definition, replicated cache or so).  But now I found that setting up coherence web has a lot of tricky things and would really want a very clear cut tutorial files. However, I found very few people are working on it. Is that true?

Finally, if coherence * web is so integrated with Weblogic cluster (because it off-heap sessions data to coherence), how come it won't become so automatic? Shall we?

Thanks for helping!

Thanks a lot,

K.
            • 3. Re: Coherence web setup failed
              SunnyDays
              BTW, I kept on getting error when I deploy the counter.war:

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
              Failed to start Service "Cluster" (ServiceState=SERVICE_STOPPED, STATE_JOINING)
              Failed to start Service "Cluster" (ServiceState=SERVICE_STOPPED, STATE_JOINING)

I checked the server log in the managed server:

May 26, 2013 11:44:10 AM CST     Deployer     Info     BEA-149059     Module counter1.war of application counter1 is transitioning from STATE_NEW to STATE_PREPARED on server new_ManagedServer_1.
                   May 26, 2013 11:44:12 AM CST     weblogic-coherence-integration     Info     BEA-000001     Initializing a Coherence cluster scoped to classloader weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader@3c422203 finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@650ea0b3 annotation: counter1@counter1.war using CoherenceCluster CoherenceClusterSystemResourceMBean
                   May 26, 2013 11:44:13 AM CST     com.oracle.wls     Info     BEA-000000     2013-05-26 11:44:13.788/2573.641 Oracle Coherence GE 3.7.1.0 <Info
                   May 26, 2013 11:44:13 AM CST     com.oracle.wls     Info     BEA-000000     2013-05-26 11:44:13.788/2573.641 Oracle Coherence GE 3.7.1.0 <Info
                   May 26, 2013 11:44:14 AM CST     com.oracle.wls     Error     BEA-000000     2013-05-26 11:44:14.143/2573.996 Oracle Coherence GE 3.7.1.0 <Error
                   May 26, 2013 11:44:14 AM CST     com.oracle.wls     Error     BEA-000000     2013-05-26 11:44:14.160/2574.013 Oracle Coherence GE 3.7.1.0 <Error
                   May 26, 2013 11:44:14 AM CST     weblogic-coherence-integration     Error     BEA-000002     Failed to initialize a Coherence cluster due to java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to start Service "Cluster" (ServiceState=SERVICE_STOPPED, STATE_JOINING) java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to start Service "Cluster" (ServiceState=SERVICE_STOPPED, STATE_JOINING) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.daemon.queueProcessor.Service.start(Service.CDB:38) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.daemon.queueProcessor.service.Grid.start(Grid.CDB:6) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.net.Cluster.onStart(Cluster.CDB:56) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.net.Cluster.start(Cluster.CDB:11) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.SafeCluster.startCluster(SafeCluster.CDB:3) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.SafeCluster.restartCluster(SafeCluster.CDB:10) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.SafeCluster.ensureRunningCluster(SafeCluster.CDB:26) at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.SafeCluster.start(SafeCluster.CDB:2) at com.tangosol.net.CacheFactory.ensureCluster(CacheFactory.java:427) at weblogic.coherence.service.internal.WLSCoherenceConfigurator.configureClusterService(WLSCoherenceConfigurator.java:157) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at weblogic.cacheprovider.coherence.CoherenceClusterManager.configureClusterService(CoherenceClusterManager.java:108) at weblogic.cacheprovider.coherence.CoherenceClusterManager.startUp(CoherenceClusterManager.java:364) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppInternalModuleExtension$CoherenceCacheExtension.setupCoherenceCaches(WebAppInternalModuleExtension.java:110) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppInternalModuleExtension$CoherenceCacheExtension.access$800(WebAppInternalModuleExtension.java:96) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppInternalModuleExtension.postPrepare(WebAppInternalModuleExtension.java:71) at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.prepare(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:89) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:100) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:172) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:167) at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:35) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.prepare(ModuleStateDriver.java:38) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:139) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:55) at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.java:706) at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:35) at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:237) at weblogic.application.internal.SingleModuleDeployment.prepare(SingleModuleDeployment.java:48) at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.prepare(DeploymentStateChecker.java:158) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.prepare(AppContainerInvoker.java:60) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:207) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:96) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:229) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentPrepare(DeploymentManager.java:747) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.prepareDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:1216) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handlePrepare(DeploymentManager.java:250) at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.prepare(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:159) at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doPrepareCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:171) at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access$000(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:13) at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer$1.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:46) at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:545) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)

K.
              • 4. Re: Coherence web setup failed
                SunnyDays
                When I finished deploying the counter.war, it keeps on providing the following information

weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [Deployer:149003]Unable to access application source information in "/Users/kevin/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/domain2/servers/new_ManagedServer_1/stage/counter1/counter1.war" for application "counter1". The specific error is: [Deployer:149158]No application files exist at "/Users/kevin/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/domain2/servers/new_ManagedServer_1/stage/counter1/counter1.war"..

K.

Edited by: user7321504 on May 25, 2013 9:41 PM
                • 5. Re: Coherence web setup failed
                  User738616-Oracle
                  Hi,
                  user7321504 wrote:
                  Hi,

Anyway, I think following the notes really doesn't work, right?

I have several questions:
                  1) I need to create my own script of a storage enabled coherence server by myself as:
                  -Dtangosol.coherence. cacheconfig=session-cache-config.xml -Dtangosol. coherence.distributed.localstorage=true -Dtangosol. coherence.session.localstorage=true
                  Yes you can create your own scripts to start the Coherence servers or use the Weblogic Admin Console to create the Coherence Servers and provide the arguments using the ServerStart tab
                  But even after I deploy the application (counter.war, I named it counter.war and counter1.war but still not working), it never go to the OK state for me to tests. My guess is that I'm missing some libraries.

2) When I deployed it, there is an error asking like coherence integration lib or so. So, I search around and found that it seems that not only the active cache jar and the coherence-web-spi jar is needed, but also com.oracle.core.integration and com.oracle.core.coherence.server are also needed, is that true? What do I have to do?
                  Yes you need these libs to manage the lifecycle of the the Servers using AdminConsole or you can only include coherence.jar in the classpath.
                  3) I didn't understand why the notes only asked us to create a coherence cluster name CoherenceCluster but that definition didn't point to any coherence instance, it's very strange.

4) Can I use the definition as coherence clusters in the weblogic console? But I found that I need to include some jar files in the class path? Why is that so? How about the meaning of pointing this coherence server to weblogic machines and coherence cluster means?
                  You need to understand that the WLS AdminConsole is just for managing the lifecycle of the Coherence Servers. In reality, there are 2 pieces to the puzzle: WLS Managed Instances and Coherence servers. As recommended, you will run the WLS Managed Instances as storage-disabled and Coherence Servers as storage-enabled. If you want, you can run the Coherence servers without using the WLS Admin Console by writing your own shell script but include %COHERENCE_HOME%\lib\coherence.jar;%COHERENCE_HOME%\lib\coherence-web.jar;. For, the managed server you need to include the above jars in the classpath and also deploy the coherence-web-spi.war as a shared library. With this setup, you will be able to offload the session attributes to Coherence servers.
                  >
                  >
                  Originally, I thought the configuration of coherence web is much more easier comparing to coherence server itself (e.g., POF definition, replicated cache or so).  But now I found that setting up coherence web has a lot of tricky things and would really want a very clear cut tutorial files. However, I found very few people are working on it. Is that true?

Finally, if coherence * web is so integrated with Weblogic cluster (because it off-heap sessions data to coherence), how come it won't become so automatic? Shall we?
                  I think it future releases esp WLS 12.1.2, it will be more automatic.

>
                  Thanks for helping!

Thanks a lot,

K.
                  HTH

Cheers,
                  _NJ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                  • 6. Re: Coherence web setup failed
                    42673221-29ca-4dfa-b60f-56fedc1f4ae5

Hello

I am wondering if your problem has been solved or not? I have a similar problem.

"Missing Coherence jar or WebLogic Coherence Integration jar".

Thanks in advance

• 7. Re: Coherence web setup failed
                      SunnyDays

not yet solved but I'm looking for trying Coherence 12c and see whether this can be improved.

• 8. Re: Coherence web setup failed
                        42673221-29ca-4dfa-b60f-56fedc1f4ae5

My problem is solved, I put these files in WEB-INF folder:

active-cache-1.0.jar

coherence.jar

coherence-web.jar

weblogic.server.modules.coherence.integration_10.3.5.0.jar

and also this is the MANIFEST.MF:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Extension-List: active-cache

active-cache-Extension-Name: active-cache

active-cache-Specification-Version: 1.0

active-cache-Implementation-Version: 1.0

Extension-List: coherence

coherence-Extension-Name: coherence

• 9. Re: Coherence web setup failed
                          ppssrr

hi, i am also getting same error

weblogic.application.ModuleException: Missing Coherence jar or WebLogic Coherence Integration jar

active-cache-1.0.jar

coherence.jar

coherence-web.jar

weblogic.server.modules.coherence.integration_10.3.5.0.jar

and also this is the MANIFEST.MF:

• 10. Re: Coherence web setup failed
                            user13364776

After lot of hits and misses it worked.

Configuration as follows:--

1>Deployed as shared library in Weblogic:-

a>active-cache(1.0,1.0)

b>coherence-web-spi(1.0.0.0,1.0.0.0)

2>Jars inside WEB-INF/lib

active-cache-1.0.jar

coherence.jar

coherence-web.jar

com.oracle.core.coherence.integration_1.0.0.0.jar

weblogic.server.modules.coherence.integration_10.3.3.0.jar

3>Manifest File:-

Hope this helps!!

Cheers!!

Rahul

• 11. Re: Coherence web setup failed