1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2013 5:53 AM by user10394539 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
        KostasN.
        Yes, this means that you have to be very careful in spelling the account names "CapitalStock" and "Investments" accounts in your code. It will be most effective if you copy-paste the names from your metadata file into your code. There is no other reason why they will not execute, -i.e. the strAccount variable never gets the "CapitalStock" and "Investments" values. If it did, you would get 100% of the values @ [Proportion].
        • 31. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
          user10394539
          CapitalStock and Investments are not lev0 members.... They are parent members in our outline..is it becoz of this reason values are not correct? Anyways will try copy pasting the names from metadata file and let u know...
          • 32. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
            KostasN.
            If they are not base members, you have to modify both the if statements as in the following example:
            If HS.Account.IsDescendant("CapitalStock", strAccount) Then
            This will work!
            • 33. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
              user10394539
              Hi Kostas,

This works!!!! I have given:

CapitalStock input as "5000" Exchange Rate as "3" so value @ Entity Currency/Proportion upon translation = 5000* 3 = 15000
              Investment input as "4000" Exchange Rate as "3" so value @ Entity Currency/Proportion upon translation = 4000* 3 = 12000

Minority Interest "281100" value @ Proportion = 5400 ( which is .2*15000 + .2*12000).

Is this the ideal scenario Kostas? The req we got was Capital Stock and Investment Entity Currency/Proportion should translate @ 80% and minority interest value should translate @ 20% . What u suggest is to go with the method u have suggested rite?
              • 34. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
                KostasN.
                Hi again,
                The code that you have now demonstrates the general technique for writing consolidation rules. Now, it depends on your business people requirements and on you to determine the specific calculations that should be applied for each of the accounts participating in the consolidation.

--Kostas                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                • 35. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
                  user10394539
                  Hi Kostas,

I have changed my code a bit....

Sub Consolidate()

Method=HS.Node.Method("")
                  PCon=HS.Node.PCon("")
                  POwn=HS.Node.POwn("")
                  vMin=1-HS.Node.POwn("")
                  PMin=PCon-POwn
                  Dim strAccount,i

Set DataUnit=HS.OpenDataUnit("")
                  NumItems=DataUnit.GetNumItems
                  For i=0 to NumItems-1

Call DataUnit.GetItem(i,strAccount,ICP,Custom1,Custom2,Custom3,Custom4,Data)

If Method="Holding" Then

Call HS.Con("",PCon,"")
                  End If

If Method="Global" Then

If HS.Account.IsDescendant("CapitalStock", strAccount) Then

'If StrAccount = "CapitalStock" Then

Call HS.Con("",POwn,"")
                  Call HS.Con("A#281100.C1#MinorityInterestPct",vMin,"")

ElseIf HS.Account.IsDescendant("Investments", strAccount) Then

'ElseIf StrAccount = "Investments" Then

Call HS.Con("",POwn,"")
                  Call HS.Con("A#281100.C1#MinorityInterestPct", (-1) * vMin,"")
                  Else

Call HS.Con("",PCon,"")
                  End If
                  End If
                  Next

End sub

I have given:

CapitalStock input as "3800" Exchange Rate as "3" so value @ Parent Currency upon translation = 3800* 3 = 11400, value @ Proportion upon translation = .8*11400 = 9120
                  Investment input as "2400" Exchange Rate as "3" so value @ Parent Currency upon translation = 2400* 3 = 7200 ,value @ Proportion upon translation = .8*11400 = 5760

Minority Interest "281100" value @ Proportion = 3720

Can u please let me know how are we getting 3720 @ Minority Interest??

Edited by: user10394539 on May 27, 2013 3:24 AM
                  • 36. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
                    KostasN.
                    A final word: as you see the MI is calculated as the (CapitalStock + Investment) * vMin. This is because the HS.Con function is account type sensitive and since CapitalStock is a Liability while Investment is an Asset, you don't need the "(-1) *" in the percentage of Investment if you want a subtraction instead of addition.

However this is not the case with HS.Exp (the first version of your code running Calculate) which is not account type sensitive so that you need to do CapitalStock - Investment to get the subtraction.
                    • 37. Re: Minority Interest calculation and consolidation
                      user10394539
                      Thanks a lot Kostas for your patience in helping out...
                      1 2 3 Previous Next