Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080

Hello,
    I have problem with this new oracle server
    Operating system: Windows XP SP 2
    Oracle version: Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Beta Release for Microsoft Windows

I finish the installation and I start the server:
    D:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN>net start OracleMTSRecoveryServ
    ice
    The OracleMTSRecoveryService service is starting.
    The OracleMTSRecoveryService service was started successfully.
    D:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN>net start OracleXETNSListener
    The OracleXETNSListener service is starting.
    The OracleXETNSListener service was started successfully.
    D:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN>net start OracleServiceXE
    The OracleServiceXE service is starting.
    The OracleServiceXE service was started successfully.

And if I try to connect with admin panel (http://127.0.0.1:8080/htmldb) via browser, I get "connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080".
    I disabled firewall and same thing.
    I installed oracle into another computer and nothing new.
    My friend tried it on his windows XP and the same thing :(
      • 1. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
        Hans Forbrich
        Pull up a command/DOS box and enter 'ipconfig'. It should give you an IP address with the form of 127.0.0.1 for your current connection. Try using that instead of 127.0.0.1
        • 2. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
          Hi,

On my windows XP SP2 machine I also have a service called OracleXEClrAgent
          you could start this one with:
          net start OracleXEClrAgent

the homepage of the database works fine on that machine

Emiel
          • 3. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
            You can als use the following option after you started the Oracle database.
            go to start
            -->all programs
            -->Oracle Database 10g Expres Edition
            -->Go to Database Homepage

on my Windows machine the URL looks like http://127.0.0.1:8080/htmldb/f?p=4550:11:17293100987261901207::NO:::

Emiel
            • 4. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
              Couple of things to try
              From the command line windows, see if you can ping 127.0.0.1
              If you get an error message then you have something wrong in your machine setup that you need to fix

If you can ping 127.0.0.1 then check that your browser is not blocking the connections. One thing we have seen is that sometimes people have No Proxies set for localhost and 127.0.0.1, and they will have an invalid character after the 1, such as a . (period)
              • 5. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                First see if OracleServiceXE and OracleXETNSListener services are running.

Replace 127.0.0.1 in the url, with the IP or the name of your machine. It must match the host declared in the tnsnames.ora file. The path is \oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\admin\network\admin

OracleClrAgent service seems to be used when you want to run .net procedure from the database.

Reynaldo
                • 6. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                  I have this in my tnsnames.ora file:
                  XE =
                  (DESCRIPTION =
                  (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = test)(PORT = 1521))
                  (CONNECT_DATA =
                  (SERVER = DEDICATED)
                  (SERVICE_NAME = XE)
                  )
                  )

I can ping 127.0.0.1. I tried to connect with http://test:8080, I got same error.
                  I tried http://test:1521 it doesn't do nothing, I don't get error and browser doesn't load anything :)

Message was edited by:
                  Agur
                  • 7. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                    tkyte-Oracle
                    your hostname is "test"?

can you ping test?
                    • 8. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                      Yes, my hostname is test and I can ping it too :)
                      • 9. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                        Yeah.
                        I found solution to my problem. I am living in Estonia so I had set Language for non-Unicode programs (Control Panel>Regional and language options>Advanced) to Estonian. I changed it to English(United States) and reinstalled the Oracle and now it works :)
                        • 10. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                          kevjohns-Oracle
                          Also note the following:
                          You can always run the "netstat -an" command from the command prompt to see if a port is actually listening on your server.
                          Nice to see you got it working.
                          • 11. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                            I tried another solution that came to my mind.
                            No matter what I did it tried to log me on with username = "firstname lastname"
                            I changed my name to only firstname allover in the reg. base and sys information.
                            It didn't help.
                            Then I created a new account with username=lastname and as an administrator.
                            This time I succeded and I can now run the XE from both account.
                            • 12. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                              I am having the same problem. The attempt to get to the homepage using 127.0.0.1:8080 does not work. I worked through the various recommendatations and I can ping my machine using that IP address. But I used the netstat -an command to see if the port is listening, and it is not. What is the next step?
                              • 13. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                                lewisc
                                Is Oracle.exe and TNSLSNR.EXE running (under task manager)? TNSLSNR is the listener. If it's not, run the Start Database script from the XE Database menu.

Post back if that doesn't work. Also post any error messages.

Thanks,

LewisC
                                http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/oracle/guide/
                                • 14. Re: Connection refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080
                                  From task manager, Oracle.exe is running, consuming 0% of cpu and using only 276K of memory. TNSLSNR.EXE is running, also 0% of cpu and 6,932K of memory.
                                  The following information is based on questions from a couple of other threads.
                                  First, I ran Isnrctl.exe. Here are the results:
                                  LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Beta on 05-DEC-2005 14:30:28

Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1)))
                                  STATUS of the LISTENER
                                  ------------------------
                                  Alias LISTENER
                                  Version TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Beta
                                  Start Date 05-DEC-2005 10:35:29
                                  Uptime 0 days 3 hr. 54 min. 59 sec
                                  Trace Level off
                                  Security ON: Local OS Authentication
                                  SNMP OFF
                                  Default Service XE
                                  Listener Parameter File C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\network\admin\listener.ora
                                  Listener Log File C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\network\log\listener.log
                                  Listening Endpoints Summary...
                                  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))
                                  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=SANRO04.ca.com)(PORT=1521)))
                                  Services Summary...
                                  Service "CLRExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
                                  Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 3 handler(s) for this service...
                                  Service "PLSExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
                                  Instance "PLSExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
                                  The command completed successfully

Second, when I try to execute the SQL command, I get the message ORA-01034: ORACLE not available.
                                  Third, when I try to start the database from the icon, I get the message "The requested service has already been started."
                                  If the database is really up, why can't I get to it?
                                  And why does netstat -an report that there isn't any port 8080 under IP address 127.0.0.1 or any other IP?
                                  1 2 3 上一个 下一个