This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 2:48 PM by Shay Shmeltzer RSS

Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0

925507 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I jave installed the J Developer for the following version in my computer.
Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0

In th Business Tier category, why do not I see "ADF Business Components"? The sample guide document says you should have 11.1.1.2.0 version to continue. What I see from the help menu, I have installed the higher version of the JDeveloper. Why does not it show the ADF Business Components in the version 11.1.2.4.0?
  • 1. Re: Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

It does have ADF BC. Maybe you started with a different workspace template than Fusion Application. In the view showing the Busines Tier, switch to the tab option that shows all texhnologiea and ADF BC should show.

Frank
  • 2. Re: Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0
    925507 Newbie
    Frank,
    Thanks for your response.

I have installed the Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0 in my PC. But the Tutorial document I have with me, that was written for 11.1.1.2.0. This document I received from ORACLE during my ADF traing with Oracle corporation. Now I have a new PC and I installed the latest version of the Jdeveloper(11.1.2.4.0). This time when I tried to follow the document, I do not see the same screens as before. Sould I remove 11.1.2.4.0 version and install the version 11.1.1.2.0 to follow the training document?

Or is there any training document or user guide for this new version 11.1.2.4.0.

I just need to practice few ADF applications/examples with step by step guidance. Any link or document will be helpful.

Thanks,
    Sudam.
  • 3. Re: Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    The document is quite old. There have been some changes to Jdev an some dialogs are changes too.
    I would not advise you to remove 11.1.2.4.0 and install the one your document is written for. Check http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/learnmore/index.html for tutorials for your version. There are plenty of guides and videos available there to.
    The big question you have to ask and answer yourself is, do you want to use SOA or BPM. In this case you have to use Jdev version 11.1.1.7.0 as 11.1.2.4.0 is an adf only preview for the upcoming 12c version.

Timo
  • 4. Re: Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0
    Shay Shmeltzer Employee ACE
    Just to check one thing - which role are you using in JDeveloper?
    See the tools->Roles->Switch role option and make sure you are using the default role and not the Java EE role.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points