2 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2013 12:40 PM by Catch-22 RSS

ls:cannot access /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:1:0/: No such file or directory

running oralce linux 6 on HP ProLian and with Smart Array P410 contorller.

I am running the controller utility hpacucli, but got the following error at beginning.
      # hpacucli ctrl all show config
      ls: cannot access /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:1:0/: No such file or directory
      ls: cannot access /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:3:0/: No such file or directory
      ls: cannot access /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:1:0/: No such file or directory
      ls: cannot access /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:3:0/: No such file or directory

Smart Array P410i in Slot 0 (Embedded) (sn: 5001438007C179D0)

array A (SAS, Unused Space: 0 MB)

logicaldrive 1 (136.7 GB, RAID 1, OK)

physicaldrive 1I:1:1 (port 1I:box 1:bay 1, SAS, 146 GB, OK)
      physicaldrive 1I:1:2 (port 1I:box 1:bay 2, SAS, 146 GB, OK)

array B (SAS, Unused Space: 0 MB)

logicaldrive 3 (558.7 GB, RAID 1+0, Recovering, 5% complete)

physicaldrive 1I:1:3 (port 1I:box 1:bay 3, SAS, 300 GB, Rebuilding)
      physicaldrive 1I:1:4 (port 1I:box 1:bay 4, SAS, 300 GB, OK)
      physicaldrive 2I:1:5 (port 2I:box 1:bay 5, SAS, 300 GB, OK)
      physicaldrive 2I:1:6 (port 2I:box 1:bay 6, SAS, 300 GB, OK)

Any idea why all these files got lost?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: ls:cannot access /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:1:0/: No such file or directory
          Tommyreynolds-Oracle
          Any idea why all these files got lost?
          Absolutely none. HP would be your best source of information about that program, pun intended.

Now, given that I know absolutely nothing about how that program works internally, I would suspect that at some point it resets the SCSI controller which then takes abnormally long to complete. When the program resumes, the SCSI devices aren't available because the SCSI controller is still resetting.
          • 2. Re: ls:cannot access /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:1:0/: No such file or directory
            Catch-22
            Do you have anything showing up in /sys/bus/scsi/devices?

Which driver are you using? HP support expects you to install their special "cciss" block driver. You might want to do a "lspci -v" to find out what driver you are using.

Other than that, HP provides support packs for Linux including firmware updates. You might want to check you have the latest firmware updates installed and also verify you use the latest tools. The current acu utility is version 9.4. HP has provides its own YUM repository that makes updating software easier. I'm not sure if they provide any kernel drivers for Oracle UEK.

My guess is that you can probably ignore the issue. You can also boot into the ROM utility of the adapter to configure your storage system when the system starts, which is probably the best way.