This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 7:34 PM by AnshulKaushal RSS

Issue after upgradation

Bhargav K Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts,,

i have upgraded my RPD and Catalogue from 11.1.1.5 to 11.1.1.7

when we run a report usually one timer image shows while server searching for the result...

but after upgradation...that image is not appearing...simply some cross mark is showing..

do i need to change any thing in the server level....

pls help me
  • 1. Re: Issue after upgradation
    982496 Journeyer
    Hi,
    I think it is ur up gradation problem...Let once stop the services and start or check with another browser.Then also its not coming u can try this below link....

I f u want timer then follow this link just replace the adjusted one or rename the original one...

http://bischool.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/obiee-11g-changing-timer-search-results-image-while-report-runningrendering/

FOR 11.1.1.7 VERSION Below paths

D:\MWHOME\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\AdminServer\tmp\_WL_user\analytics_11.1.1\silp1v\war\res\s_blafp

D:\MWHOME\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\web\appv2\res\s_blafp\views

Please mark if it correct/helpful........

Edited by: 979493 on May 29, 2013 11:25 PM
  • 2. Re: Issue after upgradation
    Bhargav K Newbie
    hi,
    Thanks for your response.

Do i need to place the timer image in the two paths that you have mentioned?
  • 3. Re: Issue after upgradation
    ReddyG Pro
    Hi Bargav,

I am not sure abt ur issue but what i am thinking is 11.1.17 is using Fusion fx style instead of blafp style by default.If you observe in Dashboard propetirs we can use Fusion fx,blafp style on your choice..
  • 4. Re: Issue after upgradation
    982496 Journeyer
    Hi,

Yes u can just rename the existed timer and placed the new one with the old one's name in both the two places..

Let me know the update..

mark if correct...

Thank you......
  • 5. Re: Issue after upgradation
    Bhargav K Newbie
    Hi,

thanks for your response..

we tried but didn't get, finally we raised a SR for this..waiting for Oracle's reply.

Regards,
    Bhargav K.
  • 6. Re: Issue after upgradation
    user10782003 Newbie

Hi Bhargav,

did you get a workaround for this issue??

I have recently upgraded fro 11.1.1.6.4 to 11.1.1.7.0 and getting the same issue.

Thanks,

Prateeksha

• 7. Re: Issue after upgradation
    Murugesapandi Newbie

Have u started the service - Oracle BI java host.?

If the service has not been started, it will show x mark.

Images, charts, graphical representations are based on Java application. Let me know if it works.

• 8. Re: Issue after upgradation
    AnshulKaushal Newbie

I hope  you guys must have got the answer to this by now but if not here it is ..

The issue is that in 11.1.1.7.0 a new style and skin are introduced FusionFX.

The searching image on lower version was "searching.gif" while in this version it is "searching_light.gif".

All you need to do is take that image frrom

<MWHOME>\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\web\appv2\res\s_FusionFX\views\searching_light.gif and put it in

<MWHOME>\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\web\appv2\res\s_blafp\views

Put this in bi_server1 working directory for analystics as well..which will be something like this ..

<MWHOME>\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\bi_server1\tmp\_WL_user\analytics_11.1.1\<7*>\war\res\s_blafp

If you have any custom style or skin ..change there.

Also keep in mind that this image is new and if you want to keep the old image just copy the same image to the location above and rename it to "searching_light.gif". Make a copy since old one is still used in reports.

Hope this helps.

Mark helpfull if you find it that way.

Thanks,

Anshul

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points