1 Reply Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:42 PM by Christian.Shay -Oracle RSS

problem with ORA-04061: Existing state of string has been invalidated Tips

Arash
      hi,
      i'm a oracle developer and work in a IRON Industry, in our industry we have several levels of data communications, in our level 2, all of software developed on .NET platform, and in level 3 we have oracle tools such as form builder, we have a connector called ICC that developed in .Net platform, ICC gathers datas from level 2 on tcp/ip and write in a oracle database(level 3), a BEFORE INSERT trigger wrote on a table that ICC insert into it datas and calls several packages in the level 3, we have oracle database 10g R2, in this database if state of one of dependent procedures or functions that called in main package changed to INVALID then this trigger doesn't work, if any body have any suggestion to change our solution please help me.

Thanks alot
        • 1. Re: problem with ORA-04061: Existing state of string has been invalidated Tips
          Christian.Shay -Oracle
          Arash wrote:
          hi,
          i'm a oracle developer and work in a IRON Industry, in our industry we have several levels of data communications, in our level 2, all of software developed on .NET platform, and in level 3 we have oracle tools such as form builder, we have a connector called ICC that developed in .Net platform, ICC gathers datas from level 2 on tcp/ip and write in a oracle database(level 3), a BEFORE INSERT trigger wrote on a table that ICC insert into it datas and calls several packages in the level 3, we have oracle database 10g R2, in this database if state of one of dependent procedures or functions that called in main package changed to INVALID then this trigger doesn't work, if any body have any suggestion to change our solution please help me.

Thanks alot
          This probably is not specific to your .NET application. If you can reproduce this from SQL*Plus please post this over on one of the OTN database forums, as there a lot more DBAs over there who could potentially help you.