This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
is a week that I document but I still have a bit of confusion.
Work on Oracle 11g with VS2010 I installed ODTwithODAC112030.
I have to make a data entry form after the registration of an account.
Can I create an application with MVC and EntityFramework then using Razor for pages CSHTML?.
WHAT HAVE I DONE:
1) Creating the Oracle schema QUESTIONARIO.
2) Execution of InstallAllOracleASPNETProviders.sql
3) Create application with MVC 3
4) Insert the web.config connection parameters
<add name="OraQuestConnString" connectionString="DATA SOURCE=...;....;USER ID=QUESTIONARIO;PASSWORD=*****" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" />
5) Insertion of the parameters in the web.config for the management of user profiles
<add name="OracleProfileProvider" type="Oracle.Web.Profile.OracleProfileProvider, Oracle.Web, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342" connectionStringName="OraQuestConnString" applicationName="questionario_casa_ufficio" />
<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="OracleRoleProvider"> .......
6) The application works and I registered users ORA_ASPNET_USERS etc..
7) I have created the table "Questionnaire" in the DB
8) I have created the Model of table "Questionnaire"
9) I created the corresponding Controller and the Views pages with Razor who created in the "Views/Questionnaire" directory all management pages (Index.cshtml - Create.cshtml - Edit.cshtml - Delete.cshtml)
10) when the application starts tells me I can not open the databasel SQL-Server, I suppose that it work only with SQL Server!! Or did I do something wrong?
11) Then I create the Model from DATABASE using "ADO. NET Entity Data Model"
12) But I did not understand if I can use the EDMX Model to create pages with Razor or with another tool.
13) Is there an automated way to create pages of data management starting from the Model EMDX or do I have to create them all manually?
Please help me.
Thank you very much