2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 8:01 PM by skulls RSS

Concurrent manager for out of hours requests, but able to run adhoc as well

skulls
      Hi,

I want to create a STD manager with a workshift that is overnight (e.g 6pm to 6am) to run some specific reports, so that when general users submit request, it goes into this maager to run later.

Howver, I also want to be able for certain users (about 2 or 3) to run these reports at any time during the day if required.

Can anyone help me with a solution to this running on R12.1.3?

Many thanks
        • 1. Re: Concurrent manager for out of hours requests, but able to run adhoc as well
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          skulls wrote:
          Hi,

I want to create a STD manager with a workshift that is overnight (e.g 6pm to 6am) to run some specific reports, so that when general users submit request, it goes into this maager to run later.

Howver, I also want to be able for certain users (about 2 or 3) to run these reports at any time during the day if required.

Can anyone help me with a solution to this running on R12.1.3?

Many thanks
          Please see the following docs.

How to Make User Run Any Requests Using Standard Manager Except Specific Program Run by Custom Manager? [ID 1297419.1]
          Standard Manager Processing a Concurrent Request Intended to be Run by a Specialized Manager [ID 144922.1]
          How to Create a Custom Concurrent Manager [ID 170524.1]
          How to Create and Custom Concurrent Manager [ID 250755.1 ]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Concurrent manager for out of hours requests, but able to run adhoc as well
            skulls

Thanks Hussein,

I have reviewd these docs, but I still dont think it answers my problem?

Maybe I should re-define my problem.

Say I have two users USER1 and USER2.  Both users should be able to submit concurrent program X

When they submit X it should run on Custom Manager CM, which has a work shift defined for 6pm to 6am.

However, sometimes, I would want User1 to be able to run program X on the Standard Manager, so that it runs immediately.

Is that possible?

Thanks