This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2013 3:20 AM by Jani Rautiainen RSS

Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO

789400 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am trying to load customers using the bulk import method in Oracle Fusion DOO version 11.1.5. We are trying to insert data into standard interface tables and run the import program for given batch.

However the import seems to be failing with following error ""A sell-to address already exists for this party. You cannot create more than one sell-to address for a party."

I am not able to query and see this sell-to address anywhere in the fusion applications, is there some front end screen or back end table where i can see this data?

Are there any specific setups or steps to refer for complete bulk import of customers in fusion DOO? I have already referred to the 'e FUSION TRADING COMMUNITY BULK IMPORT [ID 1383922.1' document .

Regards
Puja                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 1. Re: Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO
    Jani Rautiainen Journeyer
    The error seems to suggest that there is an issue with the 'SALES_ACCOUNT' usage of an party.
    Check whether you have SELL TO party site use (or several of them) defined for the party failing in the process. Relevant tables:
    >
    hz_party_site_uses
    HZ_IMP_PARTYSITEUSES_T
    >

--
    Jani Rautiainen
    Fusion Applications Developer Relations
    https://blogs.oracle.com/fadevrel/
  • 2. Re: Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO
    789400 Newbie
    Hi,

You are right I am trying to create a customer with usage_code as SALES_ACCOUNT. Checked both the tables HZ_IMP_PARTYSITEUSES_T and HZ_PARTY_SITE_USES and there is no record available in both the tables.

Still I get this error, is there any other way to debug or identify this issue or the SELL_TO records?

Regards
    Puja
  • 3. Re: Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO
    I think the fact that SELL_TO party usage does not exist might be causing issues. As I understand a SELL_TO party site usage must exist for a SALES_ACCOUNT. Please add a SELL TO site use and retry your test case.

--
    Jani Rautiainen
  • 4. Re: Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO
    789400 Newbie
    Hi ,

I added a record for SELL_TO usage in HZ_IMP_PARTYSITEUSES_T and ran the import again. It still failed with the same error message. There was no party_id populated for this record in HZ_IMP_PARTYSITEUSES_T

Also for the other entries in HZ_IMP_ACCOUNTS_T AND hz_imp_partysites_t we are getting message as "The value passed in column PARTY_ID is not a valid party."

Party id is populated from the import routine and nothing that we are passing, is there some referencing issue that is happening here

Regards
    Puja

Edited by: 786397 on Jun 5, 2013 12:57 AM
  • 5. Re: Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO
    I think the next step would be to create simple test case (if not already done), i.e. reduce your test case to a single problem record in effort to identify why its failing and provide the statements used for the simple test case.
    This might also need to be moved to the support system if the issue turns out to be something more complicated than incorrect party site usage.

--
    Jani Rautiainen
  • 6. Re: Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO
    789400 Newbie
    Hi,

I used a very simple test case to create a party, party site, cust acocunt and location for single customer with usage code as SALES ACCOUNT.

Regards
    Puja
  • 7. Re: Customer Bulk Import in Fusion Apps DOO
    The few references with the same issue I can find from internal systems suggest that this is caused by issues with SELL_TO party site use. An example of a working set of data was described as (only relevant data included all other omitted):
    >
    insert into HZ_IMP_PARTIES_T (... 'SALES_ACCOUNT' ...)
    insert into HZ_IMP_LOCATIONS_T (...)
    INSERT INTO hz_imp_partysites_t (...)
    INSERT INTO HZ_IMP_PARTYSITEUSES_T (.. 'SELL_TO' ..)
    >

If this does not work in your instance then I think SR needs to be raised and issue debugged with Support.
    --
    Jani Rautiainen

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points