This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 6:55 PM by davidp 2 RSS

Take data from table and send to JMS Server

bobmagan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I need to preface this post that I have no knowledge of java or JMS Server. I have been asked to write a small prototype which will read data from a specific Oracle table and write it out to a JMS server. I am hoping this is something I can do in a PL/SQL package. Can someone please give me some direction or samples that I can try from my DB. I am on windows DB version 11.2.2.

Thanks for any help!
  • 1. Re: Take data from table and send to JMS Server
    davidp 2 Pro
    I haven't used JMS successfully, but I think there are several moving pieces needed, including a web server. If your site already has JMS working via Oracle advanced queues then http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e11013/jm_exmpl.htm tells you how to generate a JMS message from PL/SQL.

If you don't already have JMS happening via Oracle, you need to talk to someone who does know JMS. Perhaps try asking in the JMS forum Java Message Service (JMS) (Java / Java Enterprise & Remote Computing / Java Message Service (JMS) on the menu)

When I tried to use this on Oracle 10.2 I did not succeed in getting PL/SQL messages through to the Java client via JMS, but my knowledge of JMS was almost nil.
  • 2. Re: Take data from table and send to JMS Server
    bobmagan Newbie
    Thanks. I have been told that the server currently has ActiveMQ running as its JMS Server. Will I be able to use that to communicate message via PL/SQL?
  • 3. Re: Take data from table and send to JMS Server
    davidp 2 Pro
    Definitely time to talk to the JMS forum.
    The Oracle® Streams Advanced Queuing User's Guide says
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e11013/jm_create.htm#CIADCHBB says
    In this case Oracle JMS, part of Oracle Database, is the JMS provider.
    so I don't think the PL/SQL Streams Advanced Queuing API will talk to your ActiveMQ JMS Server.

When / how often will you be doing this ?
    As an occasional, externally triggered task it sounds like a normal java client program is the right way.

Edited by: davidp 2 on Jun 6, 2013 6:53 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points