This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2013 11:33 AM by Terry Wilson RSS

Landing pages under new rule group not working

996749 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to create a new rule group in Endeca but it doesn't seem to be working. I create the new group in Developer Studio and it shows up in the Merchandising Workbench. I can also create a new landing page under that group but when trying to view it on our site it does not show up; just comes back with an error page. What am I doing wrong when I set up this new rule group? Is there a limit to how many you can have?
  • 1. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    Terry Wilson Newbie
    Ok can you post the version etc that you are working on. You can have many groups groups and landing pages with in those groups. Have you properly activated and saved the landing page. Can you see the landing page being invoked in the endeca jsp ref app, you can see this in the supplemental objects returned at the bottom of the page. Is this a simple app with one mdex or is there a preview staging mdex and live mdexes? There are quite a few variables not described here which makes it difficult to help you.
    regards
    Terry
  • 2. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    996749 Newbie

Thought we had this solved but there still seems to be a problem.  The version we are using is 6.1.4.  We have 2 live mdexes that are load balanced for our production site.

The landing pages have been properly saved and activated under our new rule group.  For testing purposes they are set up by search term only.  When searching for the term in the jsp reff app it does not bring back the landing page. 

I can see the new rule group's xml and it does have 1 of the 2 rules that were created via the workbench in it.  I can also see the new rule group property in the appConfig file.

• 3. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    Terry Wilson Newbie

Do you have preview or staging MDEX that you are 'saving' the merchrules  to before a second script promotes them to the live dgraph?. Do you have workflow implemented that requires the rules to be approved first.  Are you returning any landing pages at all in the endeca jsp ref app either when you are sending the default (N=0) query or when you are sending the text trigger? Please check the supplemental objects and see what is being returned.  Can you check the rule Zone is valid for search, open it in dev studio and see if the 'Valid for Search" checkbox is checked.

• 4. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    996749 Newbie

Yes, the MDEX is promoted, but the Staging does not work either.

There is no workflow.

When searching for the landing pages under our New rule group(Buying_Guides) we do get back our Default Landing Page(Although this is not located under the new rule group it is under the "Default" rule group).  We also get back a Record Search Report under the Supplemental but not the landing pages that we are after.

I can also see other landing pages being returned under the Supplemental that are in different rule groups.  So I know it is returning landing pages in the jsp ref, just not for the new rule group.

We checked the rule Zone and the 'Valid for Search' is enabled.

• 5. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    Terry Wilson Newbie

Ok ensure the new landing page has  a higher priority (say 1) compared with the default landing page( say set to 5).  Check that first.

• 6. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    996749 Newbie

Yes our default landing page is set with a priority of 55 in the 'Default' rule group and our test landing page is set as priority 1 in our new rule group called 'Buying_Guides'

• 7. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    Terry Wilson Newbie

Ok, hard to troubleshoot this issue without seeing what you are doing.If you wish to contact me with web and contact details I can spend 30 mins to help resolve this. Email me at **removed email ** .  I am gonna delete my contact in a hour so please email me before then.

• 8. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    996749 Newbie

Here is another question when I set up a new rule group and run a baseline update do I also need to do the 'set instance configuration' to fully apply this to the workbench?  If the instance was never set would that cause it to not function properly?

• 9. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    952794 Newbie

you can try running update_web_studio_config.sh script which internally runs emgr update.

update_web_studio_config.sh should be in control directory

you can use ./runcommand.sh update_web_studio_config.sh

• 10. Re: Landing pages under new rule group not working
    Terry Wilson Newbie

The other post is correct to set config, but you are spinning your wheels here. You have the new group. You are able to create the landing page. You have I take it made sure that the rule group is in the ConfigManager webstudio managed files,  it should not affect the saving and testing of the rule but will affect management of the rules for baselines and could cause an overwrite. So again if you want help trouble shooting this, post your email temporarily here and I will ping you and we can set up 30 mins to trouble shoot. I am away next week so I would take this opportunity.

regards

Terry

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points