5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 12:10 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

How can I disable password change prompting in EBS 12i

user558643
      Hello Gurus,

I have installed EBS 12i on rdbms 11g. I had a horrible instance last month that brought down my system for over 24 hours after the system prompted that we change passords of sysadmin - applsypub, etc.

I could easily change the defualt profile settings in the database not to prompt for password changing. Can someone tell me how to configure ebs 12i so that it never prompts me to change passwords?

Thanks
      Mathias.
        • 1. Re: How can I disable password change prompting in EBS 12i
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi Mathias,
          I could easily change the defualt profile settings in the database not to prompt for password changing. Can someone tell me how to configure ebs 12i so that it never prompts me to change passwords?
          For FND_USER_PKG, use the code in this doc -- Users Are Not Prompted To Change Their Password When Using Fnd_user_pkg.Updateuser [ID 344979.1]

Using FNDCPASS will not prompt the user to change the password --      How to Change Applications Passwords using Applications Schema Password Change Utility (FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD) [ID 437260.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: How can I disable password change prompting in EBS 12i
            user558643
            Hello Hussein,

What I need is to know how to stop or disable EBS from ever expiring the passwords of default application accounts like apps, applsyspub, guest, etc from within EBS.

Thanks
            Mathias
            • 3. Re: How can I disable password change prompting in EBS 12i
              dvvnreddy
              Hi,

passwords at ebsuite is managed using profiles (check for profiles %signon%password%)
              In this case u can set never expire in define user form for sysadmin user.

Regards,
              Narayana
              • 4. Re: How can I disable password change prompting in EBS 12i
                user558643
                Hello Narayana or Hussein,

You directions took my closer but I am still unable to find that Profile Option that prompted some weeks ago to Change the password of SYSADMIN and that of APPS? It must be an Option that forces the password to expire after a certain number of days. Is there an Option of the sort in EBS?

Thanks
                Mathias
                • 5. Re: How can I disable password change prompting in EBS 12i
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  user558643 wrote:
                  Hello Narayana or Hussein,

You directions took my closer but I am still unable to find that Profile Option that prompted some weeks ago to Change the password of SYSADMIN and that of APPS? It must be an Option that forces the password to expire after a certain number of days. Is there an Option of the sort in EBS?

Thanks
                  Mathias
                  It's in the (System Administrator > Security > User > Define) screen -- Password Expiration.

Password Expiration

- Days - Enter the maximum number of days between password changes. A pop-up window prompts an application user to change his password after the maximum number of days you specify has elapsed.

- Accesses - Enter the maximum allowed number of sign-ons to Oracle E-Business Suite allowed between password changes. A pop-up window prompts an application user to change his password after the maximum number of accesses you specify has elapsed.

Tip: We recommend that you requireall application users to make regular password changes. This reduces the likelihood of unauthorized access to Oracle E-Business Suite.

Password Expiration
                  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12843/T156458T156461.htm

For database users, please see (IMPLEMENT TWO PROFILES FOR PASSWORD MANAGEMENT) section in (Secure Configuration Guide for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 403537.1]).

Thanks,
                  Hussein