6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 7:26 AM by 902856 RSS

Host Name and Ip Change in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 system

Hi Experts,

We have installed Oracle EPM 11.1.1.3 system and configured successfully in distributed environment. And we have created applications in all the servers.

Now my problem is my all serves host name and ip has changed so the connectivity between EPM coomponents and data base server lost. My database server is Ms-Sql server -2005 after changing ip and host name i have checked my database server is running fine. But my other EPM servers I have changed the registry setting C:\Hyperion\common\config\9.5.0.0\registry.properties in registeries properties i have changed the database server name. Wehn i launch EPM configurator still its showing previous server name.

Please suggest what to do. Do i need to reconfigure the EPM components. If it requires reconfiguration what is the procedure pls sugget.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Sree

Edited by: 899853 on 24 May, 2013 6:12 AM

Edited by: 899853 on 24 May, 2013 6:51 AM
        • 1. Re: Host Name and Ip Change in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 system
          HFM_Dev
          Hi,

1.You can find your host names under below path:

Application Server yourDriveName:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

2. To Edit the Host name:

Open shared services-> Application group-> Foundation->Shared services->EPM System Registry->Financial Management-> Logical Web app@YourServerName_80->Financial Management web app@YourServerName_80-> Financial Management web app settings-> Right click and select <font color=blue>Export for Edit</font> change the Host Name and Server Name and then click on <font color=blue>import after Edit</font> to import the modified file

File name: Financial_Management_Web_App.Properties

name=FINANCIAL_MANAGEMENT_WEB_APP\:*YourServerName*
          host= YourHostName

And restart you application Server.

If it doesn't work then Reconfigure your application.

3. To Re-configure your application:

<Font color="red">Note: First backup your databases for which you have created applications</font>

Start EPM System Configurator-> then select ->Financial Management-> under this select below options

Configure database
          configure DCOM
          Configure Application Server
          Configure Application Cluster
          Register Application Server/Cluster
          Configure Web server
          Configure Data Source for Extended Analytics

Click next then select Perform 1st-time Configuration of database

In this screen you can change your <Font color="Green">Server name/Database name/ User Name/ Password</font>

Hope this helps you.

regards
          Dev
          • 2. Re: Host Name and Ip Change in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 system
            beyerch2
            I ran into something similar at Kscope last year when I renamed my VM .... As part of my 'troubleshooting' session, I walked everyone through how to hunt down and fixing issues due to renaming. I had issues other than DB, though I was on version 11.1.2.1

If you start at Slide 68 'Migrate VM Server Error', I walk through how I found my problem. This may not be '1 to 1' for your issue, but it might be helpful to see some things I walked through.

https://www.box.com/s/34d57fb45b8d4abba908
            • 3. Re: Host Name and Ip Change in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 system
              Hi Dev,

Thanks for your reply.

My Environment is Distributed. We have envinonment like.

Server1: Database Server (Sql Server 2005)
              Server2:Performance Management Architech( Oracle EPM 11.1.1.3)
              Server3:Hyperion Financial Management Application Server ( Oracle EPM 11.1.1.3)
              Server4:Foundation Services ( Oracle EPM 11.1.1.3)
              Server5:Web server ( Oracle EPM 11.1.1.3)

Above all servers Previously configured successfully Using Database server Host Name. Now all the servers Host names and IP's has been changed. Now all the servers are down i have check in EPM configurator in Database server selection screen its showing database correctly Server name still its showing previous server name.

Please suggest

Regards,
              Sree
              • 4. Re: Host Name and Ip Change in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 system
                HFM_Dev
                Hi

To overcome this problem

All HFM processes running on all application servers must be terminated. On all HFM Application server go to task manager and kill all HSVDatasource.exe, CASSecurity.exe, HSXServer.exe (if there are any) and HSXService.exe (if there are any). Alternatively reboot HFM Application server which will do the same thing.

Once all processes are killed then try to Re-Configure the EPM System

Start EPM System Configurator-> then select ->Financial Management-> under this select below options

Configure database
                configure DCOM
                Configure Application Server
                Configure Application Cluster
                Register Application Server/Cluster
                Configure Web server
                Configure Data Source for Extended Analytics

Click next then select "Perform 1st-time Configuration of database"

In this screen<font color="Green"> Edit/Change your New Server name</font>

<font color="Blue"> Note: Before doing this please take backup of your databases</font>

Hope this will guide you

Regards
                Dev
                • 5. Re: Host Name and Ip Change in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 system
                  Kimi
                  Try that Mr.Dev mention the first two line is enough... it will work out

On all HFM Application server go to task manager and kill all HSVDatasource.exe, CASSecurity.exe, HSXServer.exe (if there are any) and HSXService.exe (if there are any). Alternatively reboot HFM Application server which will do the same thing.
                  • 6. Re: Host Name and Ip Change in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 system
                    Hi Dev,

Thanks for the information on HFM.

What about in my scenario all servers HOST name changed. Foundation, Web, Essbase and HFM.

Whether foundation also needs to be reconfigured in the same way. Please suggest if you have any documentation what to do first please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
                    Sree