This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 12:25 AM by karthiksingh_dba Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    DBA_EBiz_EBS Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Kartiksingh,

I would suggest that if possible use static ip for EBS instead of dhcp.

Regards,

-Sorry Kartiksing - I just noticed that you are doing this on Amazon. Havent worked on setting up EBS with Amazon cloud so I take back what I said about dhcp vs static ip

Edited by: DBA_EBiz_EBS on May 24, 2013 3:25 PM
  • 16. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Can you enable debug and see if you get more details about the error? -- How to enable Apache, OC4J and OPMN logging in Oracle Applications R12 [ID 419839.1]
    Also I would suspect the PORTS, WEB ENTRY URL, LOGIN parameters in the context file. Because the Old settings were working fine, when it has the OLD IP. Now the change was NEW IP and NEW CONTEXT FILE, so I manually did some changes according to Amazon using our OLD Context file Backup.
    I'm not sure what needs to be verified here. Have you contacted Amazon to verify those settings? What if you revert back the changes (if possible), can you reproduce the issue then?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 17. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    karthiksingh_dba Explorer
    Can you enable debug and see if you get more details about the error? -- How to enable Apache, OC4J and OPMN logging in Oracle Applications R12 [ID 419839.1]
    I'm doing it now.
    I'm not sure what needs to be verified here. Have you contacted Amazon to verify those settings? What if you revert back the changes (if possible), can you reproduce the issue then?
    I did not contacted amazon so for. Yes I can reproduce the issue, but at what level?

1. Keeping the Old Context file with manual change of New IP and HOSTNAME? - If it is the case then all my WORKFLOW, Notification Mailer will be down.

2. Otherwise another option of Reproducing the issue is Having the Old Context file then I need to rectify the WORKFLOW and Other things to bring UP.

Shall I go the re-produce?
  • 18. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    I assume this is not your production instance, otherwise I would suggest you log a SR.

If this is a test instance, then please try to revert back the changes and see if you can reproduce the issue then.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 19. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    I assume this is not your production instance, otherwise I would suggest you log a SR.
    Yes. You are right.
    If this is a test instance, then please try to revert back the changes and see if you can reproduce the issue then.
    Yes, I can revert back the changes and as I said it will again get into the WORKFLOW Issue. Okay let me revert it and again Shall I post a new thread ? If it is a Workflow Issue?

Thanks,
    Karthik
  • 20. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Or You mean reverting means the NEW CONTEXT FILE changes?
  • 21. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    You can update the same thread.

Revert the changes you have done so far. If you have time you can do them individually and check after each change.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 22. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Okay let me do it and Update you. Thanks a lot.
  • 23. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Hi Hussein,

I revert back the changes as Edited the OLD Context file which reflects NEW IP and Ran Auto config, started all the services. I'm able to login with EBS. Now the problem was

Notification Mailer's - Down
    Agent Listener's - UP
    Service Components - Down

Background Engine - Down
    Purge - Down
    Control Queue Cleanup - Down

So for my tries
    1. Logged in as Sysadmin -> SystemAdministration -> OAM -> Workflow -> Submit Request for (Background Engines) -> Go. But after that also It did not came up.
    2. SQL> EXEC WF_ENGINE.BACKGROUND;
    PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. After this also No use.

I'm just checking the Workflow Engine simply by clicking Refresh of the Browser. Do I need to Bounce and clear cache and I have to check?

Thanks,
    Karthik
  • 24. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Also I ran the request as

PO Approval -> Item Type
    Min and Max Threshold -> Left Blank
    Defered -> Yes
    Time out -> Yes

Also the Concurrent Completed successfully. But why do I did not get the Background Engines UP?
  • 25. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    I'm just checking the Workflow Engine simply by clicking Refresh of the Browser. Do I need to Bounce and clear cache and I have to check?
    It's not required here but you may give it a try and see if this helps.

For Workflow Engine, please check the Workflow/DB log files for any errors.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 26. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Please also see these docs.

Oracle Workflow Release 12 Diagnostics [ID 469822.1]
    How To Troubleshoot Java-based Workflow Notification Mailer [ID 242941.1]
    OWF H Diagnostics, Solutions and Information [ID 332152.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 27. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Hi Hussein,

In Workflow Manager , status is as follows:

Notification Mailer - Down
    Agent Listeners - UP
    Service Components - Down
    Background Engines - Down
    Purge - Down
    Control Queue Cleanup - Down

I checked the Outbound server which has hostname of the server... Is this right? or do we want to configure the mail.server.domain?

I followed the doc ID :371830.1, but the Notification mailer stopped with error. I checked logs i'm getting the error:

An unexpected RuntimeException or other Throwable occurred -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Connection refused
    STOPPED_ERROR, Could not handle the control event -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Connection refused)

Please help me make it UP.

Thanks,
    Karthik
  • 28. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    I checked the Outbound server which has hostname of the server... Is this right? or do we want to configure the mail.server.domain?
    It's the hostname of the server, so this should be OK.
    I followed the doc ID :371830.1, but the Notification mailer stopped with error. I checked logs i'm getting the error:

An unexpected RuntimeException or other Throwable occurred -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Connection refused
    STOPPED_ERROR, Could not handle the control event -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Connection refused)

Please help me make it UP.
    Please see (Workflow Notification Mailer Remains in Starting Status [ID 1400353.1]).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 29. Re: EBS R12.1.3 HTTP is down.
    Hi Hussein,

I checked the metalink id which you referred, it also says to check the outbound and inbound server connection.

Now the status of Notification Mailer is System Deactivated and when i start it, the log shows the following error,

[Jun 2, 2013 2:44:44 AM EDT]:1370155484708:-1:-1:hostname:IP:-1:-1:1:20420:SYSADMIN(0):-1:Thread[BES Dispatch Thread,5,main]:2097247031:9331:1370155353903:24:ERROR:[SVC-GSM-WFMLRSVC-2171325 : oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsc.SvcComponentContainer.onBusinessEvent(BusinessEvent)]:java.lang.RuntimeException: Connection refused
         at oracle.apps.fnd.wf.mailer.MailerUtils.isSocketConnectableNew(MailerUtils.java:300)
         at oracle.apps.fnd.wf.mailer.SMTPUtils.isValidOutbound(SMTPUtils.java:522)
         at oracle.apps.fnd.wf.mailer.Mailer.validateParameterValues(Mailer.java:1238)
         at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsc.SvcComponent.performValidateParameterValues(SvcComponent.java:233)
         at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsc.SvcComponent.start(SvcComponent.java:314)
         at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsc.SvcComponentContainer.handleComponentEvent(SvcComponentContainer.java:2212)
         at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsc.SvcComponentContainer.onBusinessEvent(SvcComponentContainer.java:301)
         at oracle.apps.fnd.wf.bes.DispatchThread.run(DispatchThread.java:57)

So i found the issue is in outbound and inbound server connection. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I referred how to rectify this server connection issue, and all oracle docs recommends to test the following,

telnet smtp-hostname(I'm taking this as hostname of the server, but not localhost) 25
    telnet imap-hostname(I'm taking this as hostname of the server, but not localhost) 143

Both says telnet to ip-address connection refused

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried following to rectify the telnet issue:
    1. Checked the smtp working by issuing the command "sendmail -v abc@abc.com(mail-id)". It sends mail to my mail-id through smtp
    2. Added filters in firewall to allow the port 25 and 143 for the hostname
    3. Added Connect:hostname-ipaddress RELAY in /etc/mail/access
    4. Added nameserver hostname-ipaddress in /etc/resolv.conf

My server is in cloud. The Configuration of OS is,

OS - Enterprise Linux 5
    Bit- 64-Bit

I think IMAP is not configured in my cloud server. Tried configuration of IMAP, not succeded.

Please help me to telnet to hostname(not localhost) with both ports.

Thanks,
    Karthik
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points