I like the profile page. The tabs "Activity" and "Content" are useful. This enables me to view all my post from the day 1 which was not available with the previous forum.
I also like the spell check which comes without the pop-up now thats really good and quick.
In the main page under Communities we have various discussion forums (e.g. "Oracle Database"). I prefer the forum listed under this be sorted based on number of discussions so that "General Questions" and "SQL and PL/SQL" comes to the top and I don't have to expand the main link "Oracle Database" to get there
Great job you did.
Few things :
1. The handle does not take space in account.
2. Email notification does not seem to work (at least I did not receive any, even though I turned it on)
3. What's the "More like this" on the right of the page ? NEED HELP PLZ is quite old and odd thread, IMHO it should not be there.
I like the profile page. The tabs "Activity" and "Content" are useful.
Great, I don't see them, as all the navigation is in German for me. This will be a nightmare for me to guide newbies
Ingore me, found the language options.
Message was edited by: PhHein
I figured it out already but still thanks . Didn't you see my new Avatar which matches perfectly with my name ? I am also not able to see any changes coming into effect in the profile. And did you notice, we have lost the Joining date from the profile and it's blank now?
Flat typically means sorted by date/subject/sender/recipient only.
Threaded means that replies are tagged to the original posting responded to, within the sorted sequence - it is suppose to read like a conversation as in "he said" and "he responded to that" and then "he replied to that".
Both have their advantages... I prefer mail as flat and forum type postings as threaded (makes following the multiple conversations in a single thread easier).
I must admit that reading from older to newer posts is much better than the new one.
In that very thread I already missed several, because the last post (in time) are not the latest (in the list)... making the discussion (to me) just a mess.
A lot of change here, it will take a lot of time to get used (and some JS scripting to skip the "Overview" tab and directly go to "Content").
Here are a few points that I really miss :
- An option to automatically follow threads when you replied. I don't want to follow a whole forum, only the threads I answered.
- A "website" field in the profile.
Here are some questions :
- What is the "Join Date" in our profile? The date we subscribed? If yes, is it normal we can edit it?
- Is it possible we lost some reward points in the migration?
- In the top participant section of a forum, shouldn't the link "View all particpants" show only the participants of this forum? It seems buggy.
I also hope animated gifs are forbidden as avatar .