This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2013 9:34 AM by 972740 RSS

Can't register users to new workspace

876525 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I cannot register user with existing workspace:

"The workspace user installed failed on users(s): xxxx: java.lang Exception ORA-29352: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: java.lang.NullPointerException Ora-06512 at "OWBSYS.GETROLESTARTED", line 31 ORA-06512 at line 1

Thanks for any ideas.

John
  • 1. Re: Can't register users to new workspace
    918949 Pro
    Hi,

OWB release?

select status from dba_objects where owner||'.'||object_name = 'OWBSYS.GETROLESTARTED';

select * from dba_errors where owner||'.'||name = 'OWBSYS.GETROLESTARTED';

BR,
    IM
  • 2. Re: Can't register users to new workspace
    user398464 Newbie
    We are now seeing the same thing, after just having upgraded the database from 11.2.0.2 to 11.2.0.3, when we try to connect to the repository (OMBCONNECT statement), error message is:

OMB+> connectToODSRepository
    [19/Apr/2012:10:56:50] OMB01118: Could not connect to repository! ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "nul"
    ORA-06512: at "OWBSYS.GETROLESTARTED", line 31
    ORA-06512: at line 1

Will head for Oracle Support/SR but if anyone has ideas in the meantime, please share... Will update w/ results of SR as well...

Cheers,
    Jim C.
  • 3. Re: Can't register users to new workspace
    407381 Newbie
    Hi,

we experience the same error after upgrading the design repository database from 10.2.05 to 11.2.0.3,
    design client and OMBPlus can't connect to Desgin Repository anymore.

OWB is 11.2.0.3. Oracle Support and SR stuck.

Did anyone find a solution? Any ideas are highly appreciated.

BR,
    MC
  • 4. Re: Can't register users to new workspace
    R Hachem Newbie
    We got the exact same error when trying to log into the OWB builder. In our case we had several OWB instances and we had upgraded one of our OWB instances from 11.2.0.2 to 11.2.0.3. One of the steps in the upgrade process required us to run rt_mgr.sh, which regenerates rtrepos.properties. Unfortunately, the newly-regenerated rtrepos.properties was in the 11.2.0.2 home and this was causing the OWB builder to throw those error messages when it tried to start up.
    We restored the original rtrepos.properties and things started working again.
    Although the rt_mgr.sh script makes a backup of that file before changing it, I recommend you make your own backup of that file before doing an upgrade, just in case.
  • 5. Re: Can't register users to new workspace
    956803 Newbie
    Hello,this may because the rtrepos.properties under $OWB_HOME/bin/admin is incorrect. I have the same issue after upgading.

Here is what I did:
    (1) mv rtrepos.properties to rtrepos.properties.bak
    (2) cd $OWB_HOME/UnifiedRepos then sqlplus owbsys/owbsys_pawd @reset_owbcc_home enter the new owb home
    (3) cd $OWB_HOME/rtp/sql sqlplus OWBSYS/OWBSYS @reset_repository enter owbsys passwd

Then go to $OWB_HOME/bin/unix/owbclient.sh enter a workspace, this will generate a new rtrepos.properties file. Then register user should work.
  • 6. Re: Can't register users to new workspace
    972740 Newbie

Thank you

Your post helped me to solve some of my problems.

So, I've attempted to duplicate my production instance to a Development instance

1. After the duplicate action, the @start_service.sql failed and then my misery began J

Here is all the actions I've done to solve this problem. please feel free to give me a feedback if I'm wrong anywhere.

1: SQL> select * from owbsys.wb_rt_service_nodes;

I modified the instance name and the path, because is not the same.

2: SQL> select * from owbsys.owbrtps;

Here I do the same for the path.

3: mv rtrepos.properties to rtrepos.properties.bak
    4: cd $OWB_HOME/UnifiedRepos then sqlplus owbsys/owbsys_pawd @reset_owbcc_home enter the new owb home
    5: cd $OWB_HOME/rtp/sql sqlplus OWBSYS/OWBSYS @reset_repository enter owbsys passwd

6: @start_service.sql

7:export all the dml with owb design center from the prod than import it to the development instance.

8: modify the path parameter for the user and the folder.

Here all I’ve done.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points