This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 10 Previous Next 146 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 11:35 AM by jgarry Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Update on site issues
    BrianP Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated

Thank you for the update Sonya.  We all appreciate the time being put into this and the status updates as well.

Points can wait.  Custom avatars can wait.  I'd like to +1 the email digest as with how chatty the follow function makes things, a digest would be great vs tons of individual emails.  But it's low priority.

Fixing the logout issues was a huge step and IMO will alleviate a huge chunk of the frustration many of us were having.

• 16. Re: Update on site issues
    Greg.Spall Expert

• 17. Re: Update on site issues
    BluShadow Guru Moderator

sonyabarry wrote:

- Users getting logged out/login problems: This is related to site stability. Some of our servers were going down, kicking off all users off who then were connected to a new server when they did another action.  The new server didn't know that they were logged in and forced them to do so again.  Now that the site is stable, this issue should no longer happen. We are actively monitoring this to confirm it stays stable.

Yep, things are certainly looking better.  At least I can log in today. 

Lower priority issues that we'll be tackling as soon as the rest of these are cleared up:

• points correction
    • previous/next thread buttons

I'm just wondering how feasible the next/previous buttons thing is, now that it's "spaces" rather than "forums".

Yesterday I was looking at the SQL and PL/SQL "space" (All Places > Developer > English > Oracle Database > SQL and PL/SQL) and at the top of the list was the following post:

Re: Need help to clarify PL/SQL concepts

which is posted in the SQL Developer (not for general SQL/PLSQL questions) "space".

Just the mere fact that Marcus had replied in that thread to mention the SQL and PL/SQL space has meant it became visible in the SQL and PL/SQL space....

Wow! Things can float about in space! 

So what would the concept of "next" and "previous" actually mean when in "space"?

• 18. Re: Update on site issues
    UweHesse Expert

Thank you for your efforts and for keeping us informed about the priorities and the progress!

It is meanwhile a lot faster than at first, which is probably the most important and most needed improvement at all.

This is one of Oracle's major customer interfaces on the Core Tech side with a huge number of users - some really live in the forums.

Therefore, any effort to improve and maintain it is more than justified.

I'm looking forward to the times when this platform will show us its whole scale of new and better functionality

Kind regards

Uwe Hesse

"Don't believe it, test it!"

http://uhesse.com

• 19. Re: Update on site issues
    PhHein Guru Moderator

Uwe, if you keep using that sigline, including a link you'll be on the moderator's list

Sonya didn't get to posting new policies, but in future that belongs into your profile, not into the posts. I'd be glad if you could stop using that signature in the future.

Thanks, Phil

• 20. Re: Update on site issues
    TPD-Opitz-Consulting-com Expert

how can I hide my email address?

bye

TPD

• 21. Re: Update on site issues
    TPD-Opitz-Consulting-com Expert

please bring back the real plain text editor (where I can quote without thtat html rubbish). Including quotes in an answer is actually a pain in the a**.

bye

TPD

• 22. Re: Update on site issues
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE

Glad some points are sorted out in the last couple of days. There is hope the forum will get back to full usability in the near future. Keep up the good work.

I'm still kicked out of the forum sometimes when I reply to a posts and gathering the information needed for the reply takes a couple of minutes. I can write the replay and one clicking on add replay get a message telling me that I'm not logged in. After that I see a server error message at the bottom of the page which dismisses itself before I can read it. This happened three times today. Twice the thread has been updated by another user.

The editor is behaving wired using it on a tablet (Android 4.2). Sometimes I can't get a cursor or can't navigate our can't position the cursor on a wrong spelled word. switching the editor to advanced mode helps sometime, but not always.

Please make the current page number on multi page post and the content tab better visible. Dark blue and black is hard to.

Timo

• 23. Re: Update on site issues
    BluShadow Guru Moderator

TPD-Opitz-Consulting-com wrote:

how can I hide my email address?

bye

TPD

Don't worry, it's hidden.

When you hover over your own name, it pops up and shows you your own email address, but that's only visible to you.  By default it seems that everyones email/login address is hidden (which is good!).

I can confirm, if I hover over your username it says "Email: (Private)"

• 24. Re: Update on site issues
    Boneist Guru

sonyabarry wrote:

<snip>
    - Untrack, Unfollow and Delete actions: This is related to a caching change where trying to delete anything on the forums, untrack or unfollow someone doesn't work. We have a P1 bug in with the service provider there and they are actively working with us on it.                                                                                                                                                           
    </snip>

-------------------------------------

It looks like the issue seems to have been resolved now - unless it's just me? I can unfollow and stop tracking at will. Hurrah! *{:-)

• 25. Re: Update on site issues
    BluShadow Guru Moderator

It looks like the issue seems to have been resolved now - unless it's just me? I can unfollow and stop tracking at will. Hurrah! *{:-)

At least you didn't loose your bobble hat in the upgrade. 

• 26. Re: Update on site issues
    Boneist Guru

BluShadow wrote:

At least you didn't loose your bobble hat in the upgrade. 

Some things are a constant *{;-)

• 27. Re: Update on site issues
    Hoek Guru

And I always thought that change is the only constant in life

• 28. Re: Update on site issues
    Greg.Spall Expert

Hoek wrote:

And I always thought that change is the only constant in life

It is, however, we're trying to change that - to be more consistent.

• 29. Re: Update on site issues
    ATD Guru

Hi Sonya,

I can see what the issue with this is.  When you enter "Application Express" as a Space restriction, you get two items by that name - the first one is the Korean space (which is the one I've been selecting) and the second one is the English one.  Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which is which until you have selected it.

Can the space name be included in that list?

Andy

1 2 3 4 10 Previous Next