Our current Production environment consists of Single-node RHEL 3.0 (32bit) running 184.108.40.206 with DB version 220.127.116.11.
We would like to upgrade our system to R12.1.3 with DB version 18.104.22.168 on RHEL 6.3 (64bit)
My dilemma is as follows:
1) I cannot upgrade the 22.214.171.124 DB (on 32bit) directly as 126.96.36.199 is not certified on RHEL 3.
2) 11i is not supported on RHEL 6 (64bit)
Kindly advise me the best/shortest route of achieving the upgrade.
Thanks in advance.
I would suggest the following:
- Upgrade your database server OS to RHEL 4 -- https://forums.oracle.com/message/3409059
- Upgrade the database to 188.8.131.52 -- Interoperability Notes Oracle EBS 11i with Oracle Database 11gR2 (11.2.0) [ID 881505.1]
- Lay down R12 software on RHEL 6 (64-bit) and perform R12 upgrade (12.1.1 and 12.1.3) -- O/S Migration & R12 Upgrade
- Upgrade your database server OS to RHEL 6
As always, many many many thanks for the informative reply.
I just have one final clarification:-
1) Upgrade the RHEL 3 to RHEL 4 is straight forward.
2) Upgrade DB to 11gr2 on the RHEL 4 server.
3) Migrate the DB from 32bit RHEL 4 server to 64bit on the RHEL 6
3) Lay down the R12 software on the RHEL 6 server and perform upgrade from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3
What i dont seem to understand is that all my custom reports will remain on the RHEL 4 server.
How do i go about that?
Move your custom reports/forms from your 11i APPL_TOP to your R12 APPL_TOP.
Upgrading your Customizations to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 -- White Paper [ID 1435894.1]
How To Upgrade 11i Custom Forms To R12 [ID 563258.1]
Can't Open Custom Forms After R12 Upgrade [ID 552010.1]
After Upgrading From 11i to R12 Custom Forms Show Blue Text Fields [ID 759551.1]
After Compiling CUSTOM Forms From R11 To R12 Got FRM-18108 Error And The Fields Got Displaced [ID 1505584.1]