This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 11:28 AM by SeanKirkwood RSS

Get List of BP Names in System

user9053738 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm looking to get a list of BP Names in the system via webservices, what service, webmethod and parmeter should I be using

Just to be clear I dont mean getBPList that brings back a list of all records in that BP List

Ok have been looking at the webservice /mainservice and been playing with getObjectList and the 'project_info' tag and managed to get a list of all the projects available to me

• 1. Re: Get List of BP Names in System
    Rudy Ising Explorer

I believe that you can find the BP Names in the sys_bp_config table, and that should also provide some of the properties.  There is also sys_bp_setup which provides both company_id and project_id fields--so if you need a BP list filtered for project I would guess that would be the table, though you may need to access sys_bp_config for bp properties.

Hopte this helps.

• 2. Re: Get List of BP Names in System
    user9053738 Newbie

thats nice that you can get this information and it works if you build a dataview in unifier, however could I come back to ask you how would you get this via a webservices call?

So instead of getObjectList('Shotname', 'Auth Code', "project_info", null, null, null) to get list of projects - should you be able to invoke e.g.

getObjectList('Shotname', 'Auth Code', "sys_bp_config", null, null, null);

OR do you have to build a UDR to get this out?

what im really hoping for is a way to get this from the system without having to build that UDR i.e. the function is available out of the box - or that you can at least send a request to unifier to create that for you to query it via webservices if you see where im coming from

• 3. Re: Get List of BP Names in System
    Rudy Ising Explorer

Sorry, but I haven't worked with the webservices calls--maybe someone else can respond about that.  Not sure if the Unifier webservices exposes all elements or if it's like other Primavera webservices that do not expose all data to webservices.

Sorry I can't be more help to you on this.

• 4. Re: Get List of BP Names in System
    SeanKirkwood Explorer

You could build a UDR and enable it for integration, then pull the results of the UDR via webservices. Not sure if there is another way.

Sean

• 5. Re: Get List of BP Names in System
    user9053738 Newbie

Maybe thinking about this a slightly different way, can we create UDR reports via webservices, that is can we create and upload them via a webservice call and then consume them through a call against that UDR?

Thanks guys to all the good answers so far

• 6. Re: Get List of BP Names in System
    SeanKirkwood Explorer

Don't think you can build the UDR via webservices. 

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points