I would suggest the following:
- Upgrade your database server OS to RHEL 4 -- https://forums.oracle.com/message/3409059
- Upgrade the database to 126.96.36.199 -- Interoperability Notes Oracle EBS 11i with Oracle Database 11gR2 (11.2.0) [ID 881505.1]
- Lay down R12 software on RHEL 6 (64-bit) and perform R12 upgrade (12.1.1 and 12.1.3) -- O/S Migration & R12 Upgrade
- Upgrade your database server OS to RHEL 6
As always, many many many thanks for the informative reply.
I just have one final clarification:-
1) Upgrade the RHEL 3 to RHEL 4 is straight forward.
2) Upgrade DB to 11gr2 on the RHEL 4 server.
3) Migrate the DB from 32bit RHEL 4 server to 64bit on the RHEL 6
3) Lay down the R12 software on the RHEL 6 server and perform upgrade from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3
What i dont seem to understand is that all my custom reports will remain on the RHEL 4 server.
How do i go about that?
Move your custom reports/forms from your 11i APPL_TOP to your R12 APPL_TOP.
Upgrading your Customizations to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 -- White Paper [ID 1435894.1]
How To Upgrade 11i Custom Forms To R12 [ID 563258.1]
Can't Open Custom Forms After R12 Upgrade [ID 552010.1]
After Upgrading From 11i to R12 Custom Forms Show Blue Text Fields [ID 759551.1]
After Compiling CUSTOM Forms From R11 To R12 Got FRM-18108 Error And The Fields Got Displaced [ID 1505584.1]